Need a new HU desperately and i got $250 to spend

mendon mafia
10+ year member

`94 caprice, 15" Fi BTL
Im looking at the pioneer 710bt (premier model) which i can get for $250 shipped but i really want something more sq oriented but has lots of features like the 710.

Things i like about the 710bt:

-includes everything you need (BT remote, BT mic, ipod cord, remote, harness, etc)

-2 year warranty (huge plus)

-has really good BT mic and BT steering wheel remote

-has direct ipod control with search feature

-Ipod passenger control mode

-4 volt preouts (3 sets is a must)

-dual usb inputs in the rear (dual is important here, so is rear so i can hide cords)

-aux input in rear (dont really care about dual but single is nice, rear still important)

-itunes tagging

-7 band graphic eq

-high pass filter for speakers

-low pass filter for subs

- few other things im sure

Thingsi DONT like bout the 710bt:

-only 8fs/16bit processor would rather have 24bit brown burr

-flap down face for cd player (slot in would be nicer)

-only blue in color (aqua gauges)

- price (costs 250 shipped which is my max budget)

-no card remote (not sure if regular card remotes will work or not)

-no time delay correction

Is there any deck that has all the features i like in the 710 but with all the things i dont like included?

Am i making to big of a deal about the processor and time delay? ive heard that its pretty much inaudible but then ive heard it makes a huge difference so im not sure what to believe.

Im not opposed to double din or a screen but i doubt i can afford either.

I got a new Kenwood x693.
single usb.

3 band parametric eq

no steering wheel remote.

it does have variable color disp

24 bit processor

not sure what else it has but does it come with all the ipod cord and the harness. what about warranty?

thats a good deal and all but i wont ever buy from sonix again, they screwed me over to many times
Sorry to hear that. I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from them, and I've never had a problem. I even had an RMA issue, and they handled it without a hitch.

anyone got any other input here?

I would really like to know if im going to miss much sq wise if i dont get the 24 bit processor and the time delay feature. other than that the pioneer is pretty much perfect for me.i can live with the flap face, blue, and no card remote.

I've always preferred Alpine and Eclipse.

Adding another $30 or $40 will get you in the neighborhood of the Alpine CDA-9887, which is a hell of a nice cd player. The Eclipse CD5030 and CD5100 are both nice options as well, and they fit your budget...

I've always preferred Alpine and Eclipse.
Adding another $30 or $40 will get you in the neighborhood of the Alpine CDA-9887, which is a hell of a nice cd player. The Eclipse CD5030 and CD5100 are both nice options as well, and they fit your budget...
that alpine had no usb input and only has optional aux. I really want both of those. The eclipse 7200 is way out of my price range and has no internal amp for my rears which i also like to run sometimes. The 5030 dosnt have direct ipod which is a complete MUST since 99% of the time i use my ipod.

I want some honest opinions if the 24bit and time delay are worth paying 50% more for because I have been happy with my old pioneer before but it did have a fuzz sound that got louder with the volume when songs were paused or before the song actually starts playing that irritated me and i dont know what caused it but i dont want to deal with it again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.