Kenwood kdc-x693 defaults to call mode?

Participant count
  • Participant list

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
Hey, i just installed a kenwood kdc-x693 in my car and it works fine aside from when i first turn it on, it defaults to CALL mode after 2 seconds of the car being on.

In the instructions it says " TEL mute wire " - connect to the terminal that is grounded when either the phone rings or during conversation.

So i just tied it into the ground wire.

Im guessing this is why every time i start my car it defaults to "Call" and stops the music.

Any suggestions. I tried poking around the menu but all i have is Menu, setup and sound and under setup i just have color options for the deck and in menu its demo mode, auto scroll, time etc nothing for phones.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.