Need a new Head Unit

Abanndun

Hi, I have a 99 blazer 4x4 and im looking to start putting a system in the truck. Im in the process of looking to purchase a head unit for the truck. Im looking to spend around 250-300max or if you think I should save up to get a better unit, im looking for nice clean sound quality. I will be putting in 2 diamond 12" subs that my brother is going to give me also he has an amp not entirely sure what kind etc. Im just trying to find a nice head unit dual din or single whatever has better sound quality and will be good for 2 12" subs im also looking to get a nice component system. Thanks Much for your time and concern.

I know your truck well. My dad has a 99 Sonoma. That I've done work on. I just installed a clarion cz702 very nice deck next will be components I'm thinking some phd components for the doors next

I have always LOVED alpine decks, I have a CDA9886 that i've had for around 6 years now, and it still works perfectly. The sound processing and functionality are incredible especially for such an old deck. I would expect for a single din deck your price range is quite acceptable, if you wanted to go double din large display touch screen kinda stuff you will have to spend more. A good single din will have same sound quality of a double din, just without a massive display. I would go single din if you are only concerned about sound. I've also worked with may other alpine decks that I have been very pleased with. Honestly... if my deck ever dies I will literally cry, they don't make it anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Aside from Alpine I have also had great experiences with clarion, and kenwood decks. Seems alot of people swear by pioneer decks... I have never been very impressed with them though. Maybe I just haven't bumped into any of their high end decks, but if someone knows why so many people use pioneer decks I'd love to hear it. I swear by alpine decks though. For speakers and amps there are many other viable options, but decks I'm an alpine prude.

Once you decide on a brand, your next consideration will be how many preamp outputs you want, and the preamp voltage. I prefer a 4v preamp signal, And if you only want to put an amplifier on your sub, 2 preamps will be fine, If you also want to add a 4 ch amp you will want a deck with 6 preamp outputs, or 3 pairs.

I have always LOVED alpine decks, I have a CDA9886 that i've had for around 6 years now, and it still works perfectly. The sound processing and functionality are incredible especially for such an old deck. I would expect for a single din deck your price range is quite acceptable, if you wanted to go double din large display touch screen kinda stuff you will have to spend more. A good single din will have same sound quality of a double din, just without a massive display. I would go single din if you are only concerned about sound. I've also worked with may other alpine decks that I have been very pleased with. Honestly... if my deck ever dies I will literally cry, they don't make it anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Aside from Alpine I have also had great experiences with clarion, and kenwood decks. Seems alot of people swear by pioneer decks... I have never been very impressed with them though. Maybe I just haven't bumped into any of their high end decks, but if someone knows why so many people use pioneer decks I'd love to hear it. I swear by alpine decks though. For speakers and amps there are many other viable options, but decks I'm an alpine prude.
bro your just a prude in general. i agree though alpine decks for the win.

im eventually going to put in 2 12" subs an amp and a component set up so im looking for something with at least 3 preamps and 4v/5v

* I had my eyes on these HU below in that order

1- pioneer prs80

2- pioneer p8400bh

3- clarion cz702

I wouldn't overlook the Alpine CDE-HD148BT or CDE-HD149BT. I thought the 149BT sounded really good, and if it played .wav files from USB, I would have gotten it instead of the 80prs. They are about the same price. The 80prs is a good unit with nice features if you need to go active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.