Need a flip out single din, that is wallet friendly and has good iphone integration

Participant count
  • Participant list

unpredictable1

Canada
Need to get a headunit for a 97 Lumina for one of my kids. Because of the great 1.5 din opening, I'm going to go with a flip out. (regular single din just ain't going to cut it, need a touchscreen)

Bluetooth required obviously.

I need something that can utilize an iPhone, even it's GPS and display it on-screen. I started looking a Boss headunits, I know - lower end product but they seem to get decent reviews. I'm on a lower budget, and a headunit is probably all this car will ever see in terms of audio upgrades.

I've looked around for Carplay headunits and the price jumps quite a bit for that. Is there something else I should focus my attention to?

Thnx in advance.

What is your budget? The most common problem I have seen with the lower priced flip out units is the motor in them burns out after a couple years and the screen won't open or close anymore. Its probably over your budget but I have had great luck with the Pioneer flip out screens AVH-X6800DVD - 1-DIN DVD Receiver with 7" Flip-out Display, Spotify®, and AppRadio One™ | Pioneer Electronics USA Ive installed tons of them and never had any come back because of a problem. If you can save up for one I promise they are worth it. Plus they have awesome iphone integration. Pioneer even has some apps you can install on your phone that work with the radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.