Need a design.

Participant count
  • Participant list

alxben95
10+ year member

I am looking for a design for a 2012 Mazda 3 hatchback with the max dimensions being 22 1/2 on the height 38 1/2 on the width and 17 inches on the depth. The enclosure will have 2 obsidian audio 12's in it. I talked to a guy on youtube that designs boxes and he wanted 50 bucks, pm me how much any of you here would charge.

Edit: I guess i should explain what im going for. I like to get loud but im not only going for that I will not be entering into any competitions, so I guess all i really want is something better than what i have now. Currently I have a crappy prefab box which actually has a crack in it so it sounds like ****!

Vehicle :2012 Mazda 3 Hatchback

Location in the vehicle:Trunk (hatchback)

Space available (Length x Width x Height):17x38.5x22.5

Subwoofer make and model:Obsidian audio

Subwoofer Size:12

Number of Subwoofers:2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):

What type of music do you like?:Rap, Trap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz):30-35

Volume :1.7 to 2ft^3

Questions:

I am looking for a design for a 2012 Mazda 3 hatchback with the max dimensions being 22 1/2 on the height 38 1/2 on the width and 17 inches on the depth. The enclosure will have 2 obsidian audio 12's in it. I talked to a guy on youtube that designs boxes and he wanted 50 bucks, pm me how much any of you here would charge.
Edit: I guess i should explain what im going for. I like to get loud but im not only going for that I will not be entering into any competitions, so I guess all i really want is something better than what i have now. Currently I have a crappy prefab box which actually has a crack in it so it sounds like ****!

Just FYI, with the right box and amp you will get very loud. I had a mazda 3 hatchback. Get some good mids/highs. I believe 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the back. Cheap but efficient four channel and its going to have wind at your neck.

Just FYI, with the right box and amp you will get very loud. I had a mazda 3 hatchback. Get some good mids/highs. I believe 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the back. Cheap but efficient four channel and its going to have wind at your neck.
That's what I like to hear! Do you remember how you had your subwoofer box set up, the orientation of the subs and ports? I was thinking it will probably sound the best with the subs and port firing up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.