Need a design for a Sundown Z15

I can whip something up for you later possibly
Awesome, thanks.

Also, could you, or anyone for that matter, tell me if forward firing a sealed enclosure, sealing it off from the trunk would have good output? Or is rear firing the only viable option for a sealed box in a trunk car?

mounting depth is lil over 8.5 inches

Cut is 13 7/8.

There's a couple more specs to help you out Pioneer. I'm not sure about the sub displacement, but it's probably around .2 cubes?

If you see this before you start the design, the max dimensions have changed to 34w 16h 22d.

I'm only gonna put one in ported, and if that's not enough output for me, I'll either go with two sealed, or figure something else out lol.

Thanks again Pioneer.

Based on my experiences, I would have the sub and port fire to the rear. It'll sound louder than having the sub and port fire forward. If you fire forward, it'll sound a little cleaner but wont have as much output to the ear. However, if you do SPL comps seal it up from the trunk and fire both the port and sub forward..it'll gain on the meter.

what kind of car is this going in?
09 Mazda3 sedan.

To Mattd0344:

I tried the sub and port both foward and to the rear, in my case I believe that sub/port foward is louder to the ear. I did seal it off however. The dimensions of my current box(see sig), wouldn't allow suffecient airflow between the trunk and cabin so that resulted in a lot of trunk rattle with minimal bass entering the passenger compartment when faced to the rear.

09 Mazda3 sedan.
To Mattd0344:

I tried the sub and port both foward and to the rear, in my case I believe that sub/port foward is louder to the ear. I did seal it off however. The dimensions of my current box(see sig), wouldn't allow suffecient airflow between the trunk and cabin so that resulted in a lot of trunk rattle with minimal bass entering the passenger compartment when faced to the rear.
Oh for sure. Didn't really pay attention to your sig earlier. Why dont you just design your own sealed box on the RE box calculator and use circle ports to keep box size down? Just account for port displacement in your calculations

Oh for sure. Didn't really pay attention to your sig earlier. Why dont you just design your own sealed box on the RE box calculator and use circle ports to keep box size down? Just account for port displacement in your calculations
I was thinking of running sealed, facing it foward and sealing it off from the trunk. Kinda like a half wall? I know that it won't have the output of the same setup ported, but that's the best idea I could come up with without cutting metal lol.

Also, if I go above a 34-36" width, I'd have to build in the trunk unless I build two seperate enclosures. Aero ports are not familiar to me at all, so if you, or somebody else would tell me what I'd need to have at least a 2.5cube net box tuned to 34-35hz I'd really appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.