need a custom box built, looking for someone in the IE/SoCal

HvNd4Speed
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So Cal
box builder needed to custom fab and carpet a box for 2 12w6's and someone who knows what they are doing, its going in a 2005 honda element but this is not a regular box, there are some requirements I have.

PM me if you are in Riverside, Perris, Mo Val, Temecula, Menifee or other surrounding nearby areas, I dont care if you do this on the side or have a shop, I just want it done right.

no, jus regular ole 3/4" MDF, the problem is this...i need cargo space...i almost need a zero footprint box for 2-12w6's but that's not possible, the element has a 2 rear cargo plastic pockets on each side about 15" high. I'd like a 3/4" MDF base to be cut out to fit the trim above that and the box be custom built on top of that, it essentially would be a box on top of a plank, the subs would be shared chamber 2.6cubes sealed. maybe my idea sounds retarded but i need that little bit of cargo my mobile pc repair and also be able to access the spare tire, etc.

Don't sound stupid at all, but I do think your right about needing the car in front of me to build it.

Could you get a pic of where you want the enclosure? I still may be able to help in some way.

My idea was sparked by this element, guy totaled this one but he was selling his accessories, when I saw the pic I was like now thats a good option...that board looks much thicker than 3/4" but along those lines is what I'd be looking to do with a box on top, that still gives me room below to haul PC's and my tools, maybe doubling up to 2- 3/4" MDF pieces for some extra strength wouldnt be a bad thing.....i dont know....just all ideas in my mind right now

element rear rack by cameron23_osu, on Flickr

That would be easy if you can measure the area exactly right..just build a basic enclosure and then that plate to have them sit on. You can use L brackets to hold the enclosure in place for easy removal if you ever needed to.

well thats the thing, my thought is to make it all one piece so it doesnt move around...plus cut the bottom plate to fit the trim of the interior above those rear pockets....

That is still not to bad unless there is a lot of curvature to the trim panel of course when means you need someone who can make a template and then transfer that to wood.

let me take some measurements in the next day or so....i just dont trust my tape measure skills

i was looking at the pics and if you were local....there is no question you are the person i am looking for, i really like the jl logo on this box, very cool!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.