Need a chainsaw

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So now that the thread is back up, wonder what the OP went with?

Last saw we bought was an Echo CS-400, like 12 years ago. Cut up a couple trees in the yard and a lot of random firewood. I also used it to demo tons of old plywood with nails in it I needed to get rid of. Lent it out a couple times and it still fires first couple pulls when I used it late last year. I did pinch the bar when it was new, and broke the chain 😅 , it has an old Craftsman bar on it right now I think, but been a decent chainsaw for the price. Have not even had to take the carb off yet. Not saying it is the best, but been happy with it.

I have a Ryobi 4 cycle trimmer I use different attachments on, and it leaks oil depending how I have it stored and it locks up the cylinder. Take the plug out to get it moving again, refill up the oil, and so far can still get it to fire up and use it. After it sits though I expect it to be locked up when I go to pull the cord. So I know it can be annoying when things just don't want to work right. I also picked up a second hand Echo backpack blower, but it wasn't treated well and does not run like my chainsaw. I think the cylinder has light scoring on that one.
My Poulan pro backpack blower is still going strong on its 3rd year!

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
From what I understand Echo is supposed to be a decent brand. I believe stihl has Swedish made equipment and some that are made with Chinese parts of the like then assembly by stihl.
as far as echo, exactly what I thought. I’m thinking maybe it was user error that locked it up. Guess my gas/oil ratio was off.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
I have a home owner stihl ms170. Did the muffler mod and will install an adjustable carb. I paid less than $200 on sale nib.

It Keeps up with neighbors 56cc Jonesred without any issue besides not having a 24" bar.
Stihl weed wackrt and just got a Husqvarna 150bt blower. No preference all three work great.
Exact Stihl chainsaw I was going to get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads