Need ~ 80w x 2 in the $200-$350 range

Dave88LX
10+ year member

I'm installing a pair of Focal 165 V30s in my Dodge Ram Megacab. They're rated at 80W RMS, so I figure something in the 75-100W RMS range is where my target should be.

There are just SO many brands and models out there these days. Just looking for a 2-channel amp, in the $200-$350 range. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just the best value for the money.

I've heard of the typical household name brands, but I don't want something overrated (not watts, namesake) either.

Any recommendations for this setup? Thank you.

I'm installing a pair of Focal 165 V30s in my Dodge Ram Megacab. They're rated at 80W RMS, so I figure something in the 75-100W RMS range is where my target should be.
There are just SO many brands and models out there these days. Just looking for a 2-channel amp, in the $200-$350 range. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just the best value for the money.

I've heard of the typical household name brands, but I don't want something overrated (not watts, namesake) either.

I really like my RF T600.2 and the T400.2 was pretty good as well, and with you only wanting 100rms from it I'm guessing at 4ohms you will be left with tons of head room to push the speakers to there full potential without the amp struggling to keep up.

I really like my RF T600.2 and the T400.2 was pretty good as well, and with you only wanting 100rms from it I'm guessing at 4ohms you will be left with tons of head room to push the speakers to there full potential without the amp struggling to keep up.
Correct, 4 ohms. I see that is in the 'Power' series, above the 'Punch' P400-2 that I had been looking at a little bit. I see they can be had new for $230-$250. In laymen's terms, what are the major advantages of the Power over Punch series?

pm me i can sell you a new amp ,cdt mmats or maybe dls
Well those are not mainstream amps that I've heard of (Like I said, I only know what's big-named, but I know there's a ton of smaller-named stuff at a better value...I just don't know who is what. I'll PM you to see what you have...

Correct, 4 ohms. I see that is in the 'Power' series, above the 'Punch' P400-2 that I had been looking at a little bit. I see they can be had new for $230-$250. In laymen's terms, what are the major advantages of the Power over Punch series?
the powers do a good amount over rated where as the punch does a decent amount over but not as much, I prefer the power over the punch series though they just seem to sound better IMO.

Got ya. Am I reading that correctly, tubes, as in, old-school tube stuff? How old is it, and how would repair work be done if necessary?

Reading his history, the blue line was launched in '01! "In late 2001, with the successful launch of the Tube Driver BLUE car amplifiers behind him,"

Thanks...

WoofersEtc.com - 300/2 Black - JL Audio 2 Ch 300 Watt Limited Edition Amplifier

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers

Precision Power PPI P600.2 (p6002) 2-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Precision Power P900.4 Amplifier

Image Dynamics i2600 2-Channel Class AB i Series Car Amplifier

Boston Acoustics GT-2125 (gt2125) GT Reference 2-Channel Amplifier

VIBE Audio LiteBox Stereo 2 (LiteBox2) 2-Channel Amplifier

...had to throw this one in there for funzies....good stuff for the $

Multi-Channel Amplifiers

Zuki Audio Eleets 4-Channel Amp Review

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.