Need 6 1/2 speakers, suggestions?

CRXchic19
10+ year member

i need 2 sets of good 6 1/2" speakers. i want something loud and crisp, i had kenwood kfc-1678ie's all around, and i thought those sounded really good but they were the first pair i put in after i bought the car with stock 91 speakers) and i blew them (yeah yeah,i'm blonde...) so i want something in the rage of about 70-80$ / pair any suggestions? putting them in a 91 CRX, does 2-way or 3-way really matter, whats the diff.? i have the bass covered with the woofers in back, so i just really need something crisp and loud. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

kappa perfects, can find them fairly cheap online

I also like the Alpine Type S, some may think otherwise but i am very impressed with these speakers running off of just HU power.

Pioneer, any model is descent

those infinity kappas look nice, and are in my $$$ range, u kno if they sound good just off the HU? thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a set of Pioneer 4-ways. They get pretty loud and they have pretty crisp sound. They don't provide much in the mid-bass are though. Pretty much just midrange and treble. There are certainly better speakers out there, but they're a pretty good bet if you're on a tight budget. They definitely need to be used in combination with a subwoofer though due to their lack of bass. You can find them all day long on eBay for $60 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2005-PAIR-PIONEER-TS-A1681R-6-1-2-4-WAY-SPEAKER-37_W0QQitemZ5793704104QQcategoryZ58027QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are the speakers I have. Here they are shipped to your door for $64.

BTW, depending on what type of music you listen to, you may not need the 4 way. Alot of people say that 3-way, 4-way, etc. speakers are a marketing gimmick - and oftentimes they're right. However, I listen to alot of rock, reggae, and different types of complex music. For me, the 4-ways make a noticeable difference. At the end of the day, if you're happy with what you have, it's all good!

Yeah, id go with the Kappa perfects, they sound very nice, or if your adventurous I highly recnmend Hertz Audio High Energy. They have a wonderful balance between highs mid, and lows. Im amazed by their ability to reproduce lows. not to mention the crisp highs.

I've got some Alpine SPS-170's that I just bought for like $70 shipped on Ebay. They are great speakers. They are two-ways and definitely lack some of the treble that my Pioneers are capable of, but I am thoroughly satisfied. Infinity's 60i2's are another speaker in that price range, but I like the Alpines more. Best Buy sells the Alpines for $90, and I found the Infinity's for $100. Local audio shops are about the same price. Pioneer 4-ways go for about $75 new at Wal Mart, 3-ways are $10 less...

I've got a pair of 3-week old Pioneer 4-ways I'll sell you for $50 shipped...They are in perfect condition. They are 6.5's...

im not usually a fan of rockford speakers but i have a set of power T162c ( 6.5" 2way 75rms, swivel tweeter) and they sound pretty good. they have very good midbass for a 6.5 coaxil speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.