Boston Acoustic 6x9 questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

grant862
10+ year member

i just got a new pair of 5 1/4 boston acoustics, sx55, for my kick panel and now i want to add some 6x9s in the rear and im wondering waht the difference between all the different types of 6x9s boston offers. whats the difference between a 2 way and 3 way 6x9 and then s953, sx95, fx93, and then the nx97. Thanks

A two way will only have one tweeter mounted above the cone. A three way will have two tweets or a very small mid and tweet above the cone. Are you running and amp on the SX55's? Do you plan to amp the 6x9's? Are you going to be running a sub? If you are not going to amp the 6x9's go with the S95 If you are going to add an amp to them go for the SX95. If you are adding a sub stay with the S95's without an amp on them. The FX93 appears to be last years model of the S series and the NX97 looks to be last years equivilent to the SX series.

yeah i only plan on running an amp with thses and no sub at the moment...any suggestions on a sub that i could have installed from like circuit or goodguys that is like under 300 and would actually be worth getting?

In that case I would probably go with the SX95's. If your amp has a built in crossover you might try using it at its higest low pass setting to filter the highs off of the rear speakers. You may find that having most of the highs up front sounds better to you. As for a sub from the places you mentioned I would probably go with an Infinity as it should be a little more accurate and should complent you Bostons nicely. One ten would do well in a good enclosure and would not require a massive amp to power it. Easy on the budget too. You do have an amp on the front speakers too, right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.