Nakamichi? What's a Nakamichi?

Nak is a high end brand in Home theater. There head units are great I've used the

mb-75 whitch is a 6 disk single slot indash hu/changer. I had no compaints. There

cd-700 is one of the best H/U you can get

Their not a high feature HU, but they provide GREAT SQ. You'll see these HU's in alot of competition vehicles.

I havent used any of their stuff, but from what I have heard and read they make some pretty nice stuff...very nice stuff. And just for the record, just because a product is ugly doesnt mean it *****...ever seen any mcintosh HU's?

yeah, I was just making that as a for-the-record type of comment. I know things can be ugly but good. For instance, my friend's mom is ugly but she makes good pies.

Can you really have an "ugly" head unit?? It may be simple, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to say it's ugly.

In this case simplicity = performance. Nak's are about excellence in audio characteristics -- not animated dolphins jumping across your dashboard.

Originally posted by n2audio Can you really have an "ugly" head unit?? It may be simple, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to say it's ugly.

In this case simplicity = performance. Nak's are about excellence in audio characteristics -- not animated dolphins jumping across your dashboard.
I totally agree. Personally I'm not a fan of all the flashy animations and stuff like that, but I do like things to look decent...but then again it doesnt matter at all.

Flashy HU's are too distracting, lol. Is it just me or does a less- flashy HU more appealing?

Oh, and as for their amps... Their nice, and like you said, overpriced. Personaly I like the overpriced Zapco amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I install those all the time to people who want more exotic install's, I even am planning to upgrading my system if I ever get a moment to myself. I agree they're very simple but the simplicity is what makes them such a clean looking peice of the install. I too have had problems but that was only minor things that didn't take much more effort than a five minute drive to the place of purchase for a correction. I highly recomend them to anyone willing to part for them. BTW, they ain't that expensive, http://www.onlinecarstereo.com has their stuff for a very reasonable price, and the best I've seen yet, online anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nackamichi is one of the best cpmpanies out there, they are not big into features but their amps provide super clean reliable power and can be found at a decent price on EBAY and their head units are also excelent, they are more worried about clean power instead of fancy bells and whistles, one of the best for SQ, Eclipse rivials them for SQ but with more features, but because Eclipse is a larger companie they can sell their products for a little less money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.