Myths about sundown only SPL

It's not so much as flat. It's more of a curve since our ears are more sensitive to high frequancy.
So... with SQ they're looking for a roll off up high? Thought it was just to see who could get the flattest response.. with proper imaging //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It's not so much as flat. It's more of a curve since our ears are more sensitive to high frequancy.
Yep. That's why most tweeters have roll off off axis and it's ok.

But there is much more to it.

Does it show the members in their right spot. Does it pan left and right. If a sax is 10 foot back does it sound like its 10 foot back. Does it resolve the little details most don't know is there. Is their black space around all the members.

Gotcha, haha.
Eh, I just like bass with a decent amount of clear music
I bet if you hear a real SQ setup and really listened to it you would like it.

There's a few songs we use to test that will drive you crazy as chasing numbers.

Spanish Harlem. It has a shaker in the back ground and you should hear it change direction and pitch. It's very very minor but there. Nail that and you have resolution. It'll make you want to punch a baby

that's another point, I don't like flat response either, I like lower freq response, and to play that clean, you need tons of excursion.

but it also depends on the material you're playing. rock music will rarely go down, instead hip-hop or trip-hop, will be set to play lower.

I bet if you hear a real SQ setup and really listened to it you would like it. There's a few songs we use to test that will drive you crazy as chasing numbers.

Spanish Harlem. It has a shaker in the back ground and you should hear it change direction and pitch. It's very very minor but there. Nail that and you have resolution. It'll make you want to punch a baby
That's what I'd want for home audio.

For mobile audio, I want something that does nasty hairtricks

that's another point, I don't like flat response either, I like lower freq response, and to play that clean, you need tons of excursion.but it also depends on the material you're playing. rock music will rarely go down, instead hip-hop or trip-hop, will be set to play lower.
You only need one setting. If the song drops it will drop. If the song don't drop it won't drop.

Google the Harmon responce curve. Most of us use that one. It's fun and still true to the source.

That's what I'd want for home audio.
For mobile audio, I want something that does nasty hairtricks

One day you will grow out of it. Your pleasure will take priority. And you won't want to trash your new car.

But I warn you. You will listen to a lot of 80s music. Not because it sounds better but it has way more special effects.

You only need one setting. If the song drops it will drop. If the song don't drop it won't drop. Google the Harmon responce curve. Most of us use that one. It's fun and still true to the source.
yeah but bro, you won't ever get some low freq pressure out of a low excursion woofer. its not gonna happen. you can have a wonderful SQ, at 30% of the volume but then guess what? higher tones will rise, midbass will get louder, but low freq will cause distorsion, and you'll be always there, with bottleneck, and you have to decide wether you cut out low freq, or you accept distorsion

yeah but bro, you won't ever get some low freq pressure out of a low excursion woofer. its not gonna happen. you can have a wonderful SQ, at 30% of the volume but then guess what? higher tones will rise, midbass will get louder, but low freq will cause distorsion.
Not if it's tuned and setup right. It will sound good 0-100 on the volume knob. Sq is judged 20-20k hz. There are plenty of low excurrsion woofers doing very good. I like having more than I need but that don't mean anything. Just my preference.

Not if it's tuned and setup right. It will sound good 0-100 on the volume knob. Sq is judged 20-20k hz. There are plenty of low excurrsion woofers doing very good. I like having more than I need but that don't mean anything. Just my preference.
yeah but now its very clear to me what people mean with SQ. and I really prefer SQL or SPL.

yeah but now its very clear to me what people mean with SQ. and I really prefer SQL or SPL.
If you are playing it to 150hz you haven't heard it sound quality yet. And what you do hear is all in the box. Anything can play flat in the right box with a bit of EQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.