My Trunk Pictures for my build to come! LOTS of pictures NOT 56k Friendly!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Glock23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
This is what I have to work with for my IDMAX 12 V3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Please ignore the date it was 5 am 11/15/07

Car is a Hyundai Accent and why did we buy it? Gas and the accent has more head room for me than the other models.

The first picture is the carpet top that normally lays over the wheel well. (i'm not IBing this due to I want lots of bass and I might comp SPL...

I traced the outline of this top with MDF and I cut it on the back wings that stick out so it would fit in the car arg only way too.. BUT I think I can get those back on with a little tongue and groove action. Basicly my idea is to do whatever I have to to get the correct airspace under the mdf board flush mounted for sub and FG thebottom of the "box" and the top too and put another mini box over the top that will be square and have a plexi glass cover so I can see my sub and remove the plexi for service.

I of course need to make sure this is OK to do so I don't damage the sub. If it's a go this will allow normal use of our trunk because I'm going to be a daddy come Fed 17 (ish?)

Well Cover:

mine039.jpg

For the Well I took A few shots so you get the idea of depth(arg my tape measure is on my farm LOL:

mine004.jpg

mine002.jpg

mine003.jpg

mine005.jpg

mine006.jpg

mine007.jpg

mine008.jpg

mine009.jpg

The deck you saw in the trunk isn't going in it's a shitty sony I want an eclipse deck. I also have a ham radio and scanner. .. Wondering if that will effect my system though due to knocking 2 holes in the roof then covering with damp pro..

I have 36 feet of damp pro so far and I spent $160 on that.. I can spend $600 on sound deadening but do I need to? Also the pillars have the side impact air bags.

Anyone know alot about them?

mine010.jpg

mine011.jpg

Other photo's:

Just trying to give you the rest of the 360 :

mine023.jpg

mine022.jpg

mine021.jpg

mine020.jpg

mine019.jpg

I want to change this arg! I want the ID 6x9 covers!

mine018.jpg

Need help maken FG kicks for this! :

mine015.jpg

mine014.jpg

mine012.jpg

mine032.jpg

mine026.jpg

mine025.jpg

mine024.jpg

I want a new console also! (yes the car is dirty because i've been working on it a bit)

mine034.jpg

I need to figure out the airspace for the sub but here's the new plan as long as you guys think I can pull it off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm sorta wondering if I could use two ID12 v3's in the well? doubt it but I HAD to ask!

My New plan:

FI2.jpg

**** man I'm doing the same thing...only im using the wheel well for the extra air space/depth that I need for the sub- I don't care if it will "work" or not- id like to see someone else put an 18" kicker in a bmw's tiny ass trunk without using the wheel well for much needed airspace- id say go for it , but hey- I wouldn't take my word for it- I would do it tho

Thanks you two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if anyone has idea's please post. if you would just like to say good luck.. well thank you VERY much but don't post that way we keep it only to ppl with advice.

thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah. I need to find out if thats OK to do from someone that would know. I'm not maken it a bandpass or anything I just want to protect the sub or subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.