my switch

lebaron87
10+ year member

i have my amp on a toggle switch. if the power source to the toggle switch is a good connection to the fuse will it stop my amp from putting out alot of watts. it still worked but i checked the connection and made it better and it sounded like it harder

Lebaron

do i understand you to mean that you have the power connection going to the battery via a switch?? thats not good because every 240 watts draws 20 amps of current, and most switches can handle 10amps at the most, you might start a fire, its better if you connect the remote wire via a switch because the remote wire is around 0.5 amps, it always stays the same and you can use a tiny micro switch for that.

Originally posted by lamontjersey do i understand you to mean that you have the power connection going to the battery via a switch?? thats not good because every 240 watts draws 20 amps of current, and most switches can handle 10amps at the most, you might start a fire, its better if you connect the remote wire via a switch because the remote wire is around 0.5 amps, it always stays the same and you can use a tiny micro switch for that.

I agree he is right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

no not the power wire for my amp. the system control wire off the amp is going to the switch and the power for the switch is from my fuse box and the switch is grounded to metal on my car

so u should have a power wire to your amp.....then your remote from your h/u should be what u put a switch on....then the ground should be grounded to the metal of the car....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.