My Sundown SFB experience

I see people having problems with these amps and there is no way that I'm about to believe Sundown has a perfect testing procedure. Most people know what electrical is required for these type of amps. Why spend your money just to starve the amp so it can blow up on you? It can't be user error every time. Taramps have similar reviews about there amps going into protect. I'm sure this guy has a clue if he spent money on a Cyber 6k. I was going to get a sfb, but the reviews have me on the fence.

I see people having problems with these amps and there is no way that I'm about to believe Sundown has a perfect testing procedure. Most people know what electrical is required for these type of amps. Why spend your money just to starve the amp so it can blow up on you? It can't be user error every time. Taramps have similar reviews about there amps going into protect. I'm sure this guy has a clue if he spent money on a Cyber 6k. I was going to get a sfb, but the reviews have me on the fence.
Part of sundowns at least certain employees of sundown not necessarily Jacob's excuse for there being so much talk about bad sfb amps is because they have sold wayyyyy more then any other amp line they have. A reputable sundown employee I was dealing with throughout this rma told me they sold more sfb 1,000-2,000 then all their other amp lines combined. That's saz,scv,sae,sax all combined total sales...so he said the percentage of failure rate is "expected"

Yep. Was the same with Taramps. They sold so many of them since they were so cheap and these idiots tried to run 8ks on stock electrical and at .5 ohm. They started popping and the blame was "Taramps amps blow up and catch fire for no reason"

Part of sundowns at least certain employees of sundown not necessarily Jacob's excuse for there being so much talk about bad sfb amps is because they have sold wayyyyy more then any other amp line they have. A reputable sundown employee I was dealing with throughout this rma told me they sold more sfb 1,000-2,000 then all their other amp lines combined. That's saz,scv,sae,sax all combined total sales...so he said the percentage of failure rate is "expected"
I don't really consider it "bad talk", it is just a truth that some people can't deal with. If someone had the full bridge fail and went back to Korean and it worked, who is to blame now? I understand that there will be a failure rate, and could care less about how many they sold. Ford sells a lot cars, but that doesn't make me want one. Taramps set themselves up for failure by using tiny power terminals, but knowledgeable guys were beefing up the power wire and some of them still failed. I'm not saying the sfb line is bad, but when you see a few reviews state the same thing maybe they aren't perfect as you want them to be?

Yep. Was the same with Taramps. They sold so many of them since they were so cheap and these idiots tried to run 8ks on stock electrical and at .5 ohm. They started popping and the blame was "Taramps amps blow up and catch fire for no reason"
Not really the same thing here. There's ALWAYS idiots trying to run huge amps with insufficient electrical, there's at least 2 threads a week of some mong trying to do so here alone and here is where people should know better.

And the Brazilian amps are rather poor build quality and I believe their circuit designs are only now really starting to iron out the bugs. 10 years ago NOBODY who designed or repaired amps would touch Brazilian because they were just time bombs. ****, even China wouldn't bother trying to copy them up until this past year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...