My Sundown SFB experience

Because you work for sundown? I forgot I why I dont respond to you you're an idiot

He has a fair point, IMO. He's just trying to help bro. Sundown is a respectable company, and electronics do stuff we don't understand, so you may have a needle in the haystack type of situation that you may need to find. I have no idea either way, but it's fair to point out that it may be something so small that's wrong that it's causing the amp to go into protect. If you want to solve the problem, you have to consider every possible issue.

He has a fair point, IMO. He's just trying to help bro. Sundown is a respectable company, and electronics do stuff we don't understand, so you may have a needle in the haystack type of situation that you may need to find. I have no idea either way, but it's fair to point out that it may be something so small that's wrong that it's causing the amp to go into protect. If you want to solve the problem, you have to consider every possible issue.
Oh I agree we crossed every t and dotted every i before sending it in. We hooked it up in chris boxx's van (dd competitor) and it sure as **** went into protect...the 4k i had prior in its place running at .5 never protected at only slightly less current draw

Oh I agree we crossed every t and dotted every i before sending it in. We hooked it up in chris boxx's van (dd competitor) and it sure as **** went into protect...the 4k i had prior in its place running at .5 never protected at only slightly less current draw

Have you tried fixing it with a hammer? Sounds about where I would be haha

So, a while back I bought an sfb 8k and just got to using it a couple months ago and barely at that. I have it hooked up to a zv5 15 dual 2 wire to 1 ohm 320amp brand X, grip 31 agm main northstar 220 2nd battery AND a limitless cyber 6k. 2 runs ofc 1/0, big 3, electric was very stable.
For some reason the amp kept going into protect...cycled it and it would work again until it didnt...
So I got an rma from sundown shipped the amp out to them and just got an email (no name just generic sundown email) that the amp bench tested fine and I would have to pay them $50 to ship it back.... so not only am I getting my amp the doesn't work properly I'm out $50... where is this awesome sundown warranty and customer service I've always heard about?

So, if you were Sundown, what would you do? I understand that they are big enough that they should just send you a new one and call it the day.

Well I asked them what the test entailed and I went into more detail about my experience with it and I'm awaiting a reply.

They should just send you a new one and call it the day. I watched a guy blow up an SFB5k because he screwed up the install. He drove down to Down 4 Sound and had a new one in 15 minutes. It was totally his fault that the amp blew. I watched another guy blow up an Ampere 4K (installers fault) and he drove it right down to Down 4 Sound and had a new one in 15 minutes as well. No questions asked.

Because you work for sundown? I forgot I why I dont respond to you you're an idiot
I don't work for sundown, but i do have a sense of logic. If the amp works on a bench, the amp is not broken. I guess me and sundown techs are all idiots. Good luck fixing your problem when everyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot.

They should just send you a new one and call it the day. I watched a guy blow up an SFB5k because he screwed up the install. He drove down to Down 4 Sound and had a new one in 15 minutes. It was totally his fault that the amp blew. I watched another guy blow up an Ampere 4K (installers fault) and he drove it right down to Down 4 Sound and had a new one in 15 minutes as well. No questions asked.

What if they send him a new one and it also breaks because he hasn't corrected the actual cause? Should he get new amps weekly and indefinitely?
Someone has to pay for the amp. Should it be the person who broke it or future customers? I personally don't want to pay more for products to cover others' mistakes. There needs to be some personal accountability.

Edit: double quoted @Bobbytwonames .

What if they send him a new one and it also breaks because he hasn't corrected the actual cause? Should he get new amps weekly and indefinitely?
Someone has to pay for the amp. Should it be the person who broke it or future customers? I personally don't want to pay more for products to cover others' mistakes. There needs to be some personal accountability.

Edit: double quoted @Bobbytwonames .

Sundown should preface it by saying, "this is a one time replacement". Thank you for your business.

Yikes, I have a SFB 8K going in for my Zv5 12 as we speak. Hopefully the same doesn’t happen to me lol I’d lose my ****. Hope everything turns out good for ya

They both took it to Down4Sound and the shop gave them a new one.
The shop owner then sends it back to Soundown and gets reimbursed for it.
Because he is an authorized dealer/installer there is a level of trust there.
If you bring the company in a lot of money they will do what they can to make you happy.
The shop I deal with stopped carrying DD because they full on fought every single warranty claim that was sent in.
In Fact they still have one of my amps that they didn't fix or return even though it was an obvious manufacturers defect.
One of the power rails came loose and fell over onto the one next to it.
BUt still they refuse to admit it was a screw up.
It wasn't even one of the better amps, it was an M 80.
My point is it could be worse.
I still love my DD but don't think I would buy anything else off of them again
I have enough already anyway

Long story short, the amp did malfunction when someone I'm not gonna say who at sundown tested it, new one should be here any day.

Point of post is if a company tries to shew you away from a warranty issues don't tuck your tail and be a simp ask questions, see if someone will troubleshoot with you, explain your issues in greater detail etc. etc.

And when I say company it may be one person that's causing a roadblock for no reason other then just not wanting to exert any energy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...