MY Subs are constantly Rumbling

Your power cable being too close to the RCAs definantly causes noise. The reason is simple. the Power wire sets off a frequency like all other electronics, if the RCAs are too close they will pick up the waves and boom you get noise.
Not true. If the RCAs are shielded (the main conductor is run inside the outer connector) there wont be any noise if as long as the outer conductor is grounded.

Back to the orignal problem, sounds like you might have disrupted the ground when you installed the cap.

ya your not gonna get noise from running the wires too close, i had a whining problem, and that was fixed by tightening the connection at the battery

ans yesterday i got a new amp and was having the same rumbling problem, and i made my ground shorter and put it in a new place and evrything works good now

thanks everyone. the i replaced the RCA's, and when I pulled them from the back of my HU, the noise stopped. I guess they weren't shielded or they were bad or something, anyway it's slammin now! (PS, i also grounded my cap and my amp seperately, but it didnt fix the problem, but it helped so i left it that way)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.