I bet no one can answer this.....

Natchez116

To listen to the radio of not listen to the radio, that is the question.....OK, so can anyone explain to me why in the worl this problem is happening. It's been giong on for a while, and no one else has any explaination either. My subs, mids and highs, everything are working fine, but when i switch over to the normal RADIO, it wont even pick up local stations, it is really REALLT "static y"> But if I unhook my remote wire presto, the radio is picking up stations clear as a bell. I checked and double checked everything (remotes, antenae sp?, all the wiring and everything else is working fine. I have just hooked up a switch to my remote wire so if i want to listen to the radio, i flip the switch, my amp turns off, and i can listen to the radio w no bass.....has anyone EVER heard of this before? I have taken it in to different audio stores and they can't answer either????

Sounds like the remote wire is grounding out internally with the receiver's input...possibly...have you swapped a different head unit in to see if it still does it?

How about running the remote wire direct from the battery with a SPST switch? Then it has no connection to anything in the radio that might be causing a problem...

Not the answer, but a suggestion

Did you by chance accidentally hook up the remote wire to the power antenna wire instead of the remote on the head unit?

Sometimes you have a blue(remote) and a blue and white(power antenna) and if you hook it up wrong, it'll cause that to happen.

I did it on my cousin's jeep, the only reason he got highs/mids is because they were factory and pushed by the head unit, sub cut out completely.

Just my .02 on the 1% chance of what it is

Some amps actually weaken the RF signal. But I doubt to the point of not picking up anything. Do you have the antenna plugged in to your radio? Also try a different REM wire.

Best idea is try a new HU. If the problem goes away it is likely the HU's internal board.

yeah, if you checked all the wiring, the next thing is to check the actual head unit. sometimes there can be a internal problem (short, solder F's up, etc...) and you can't see it. if that doesn't change anything, take your car to a psychic to see if it is possesed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Natchez116

Natchez116
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
PatFitz9