My Sub Sounds Softer Than Normal

bones justice
10+ year member

i have a rockford fosgate p3 12" dual 4 ohm sub. got an old school amp on it. the p300.1.....its rated at about 300-345 watts @ 2ohms. i know the sub is 500 watts rms buh my question is can underpowering a sub coz it to not sound as loud as it use to as wen it was firstly installed. i checked all the settings on the deck and the amp...even the equalizer ( clarion 7 band). Even though i checked these things they may be some things i may have missed can anyone help me and list some suggestions and advice.....thanx

bass is like a drug. you need more more MORE! to get a buzz. either that or you're losing your hearing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

your box could be getting played out and flex like a mo now.

I have had some cheaply made boxes sound good at first,

but then start to shake and vibrate them selves to death

resulting in generaly mushy bass sounds. not at all punchy and crisp like

when first installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.