My Sub Box Finally Done !!

Nascarfan
10+ year member

Finally I had time to carpet my box, I think it turned out really well,the only think left it to cover up the screw holes with some carpet pieces. also I got carried away and decided to build an amp rack which is mostly done except the carpeting and the lid cut outs for the amp and plexiglass. Hope you like it.

Thanks Chris

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/558525751Skftdr[/url]

PICT0107.jpg
[/img]

there room there for 2 more subs,

post pics when there in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks Guys, I just added a link to more pictures of the box being done.. yes there is room to grow in this box, currently I built it as a enclosure to hide my sealed box inside which is 1.25 cube ft per side. But I can easily remove that and use the enclosure when I decide to add more subs and another amp. You will see my almost finished amp rack in the pictures, the pics show the rack with out the lid on it, the lid will consist of 2 cutouts for my amps to show thru, and they will be under plexiglass flush mounted, then I will add some nice lighting to the whole project.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/558525751Skftdr[/url]

if you are enclosing the amps in plexiglass I would suggest some fans and a path for the air to leave.. they might get HOT. im running into that problem with my amps.. have them in an amp rack, with plexiglass, and they are getting too hot without adequate ventilation

Im back, yea about the fan design, I already have a pass thru fan design that I will be installing, exactly what you are describing, as for the contures of my fenderwells, well that was a bit difficult, I just began with several pieces of cardboard, and kept shapingit until if formed the angle, then I took that cardboard and drew it onto the wood, then I used a jigsaw to cut it out, then did some sanding, but I left myself enough roon so that when my carpet was glued on ,that i would have just enough space for it to fit, I still have the original templates that i made if someone needs them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.