my ssa zcon is done

As for the surround just ask SSA for a simple refoam kit. Shouldnt be anywhere the price of a recone and its bloody simple to do, way easier than a recone.

Give the sub one last shot and hell, go full effin tilt for once and see how it actually performs, jist keep your nose ready, if you smell coil, lower it down.

As for the surround just ask SSA for a simple refoam kit. Shouldnt be anywhere the price of a recone and its bloody simple to do, way easier than a recone.

Give the sub one last shot and hell, go full effin tilt for once and see how it actually performs, jist keep your nose ready, if you smell coil, lower it down.
Gotcha, it may not be a bad idea to freshen her up and do another run with the zcon. Let her have it and keep my nose ready. I seem to be impressed with it in various YouTube videos and some of my own experience. It's just sad I wasn't pushing it that hard to cause physical damage and that surround is fucked.

Sounds like your gains arent properly set if you cant play rock or country. Those need a different setting and most likee waaaay undergained. You just need to set the gain for your weakest songs and when you listen to rap or hip hop, lower the sub level accordingly.You need to realize not one setting fits all, every music is made differently and the recording levels directly influence your subs out through the signal the amp sees, you probably have way more output potential but you are too scared to tap into it. My zcon 12 was flexing my windshield several inches when i played 27 to 33hz in my corolla and toyotas are even harder to get loud in than hondas and my amp was a piece of **** as well.
I wasn't getting much flex, on anything. I agree maybe she needed to be pushed a lil harder and some more power wouldn't hurt as well. Thanks for the advice my friend.

The weight is border line on being able to live with it but god forbid it was any heavier, I estimated everything out to about 250lbs as well so your right on. I had a board screwed down the whole size of my trunk basically and everything was screwed to it so no issues whipping it but you can tell a big difference of 250lbs when your driving a 2" lowered 4 banger on stock struts lol especially when having a passenger.
Not sure why you see this thread useless, its showing a failed product that shouldn't of failed or wasn't right from day one and it helping me achieve my goals of having a good sounding system that i'm happy with :/
Again, I don't think 250 is that much even for a small car. It's designed to carry 5 people

The part that I don't get is (unless I missed it) you didn't contact anyone from SSA in the beginning (or at least sooner than this) to fix/replace the sub that you didn't think was right. Then you say it's not a bashing thread, but apparently the point of it is to share your experience with a "failed product" that wasn't right from day one and you are not happy with.

Honestly I don't want to put anything in my g37. I want to loose weight. I bought it for the driving dynamics. So I'd suggest some pine or birch wood and loose the batteries and grab some caps that will do better anyways..
Yeah, if you really want a performance car, you have to sacrifice some system.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']should seriously consider SSA's pre-designed optimal enclosure on their website, I had mines built exactly to that design and it was ****** for all genres and not peaky at all.

@denim any thoughts to clear all this up?[/QUOTE]

I replied to this same topic on the SSA forums:

"If you feel there is an issue with the Zcon, please email us directly so we can take care of said issue. Zcon's have a stellar reputation for a reason, including world records. So if there is an issue with the Zcon, we clearly want to make it right. It is simply one of the best high power, high output subs on the market. The coils on the Zcon's are dark. Was the sub playing just fine before you pulled it? Where is it lacking on music? There should be no fear on running it again once reconed if that is what needs to be done."

Man its hard to squeeze a picture of the coil through those small basket holes. Here you can see the blackened coil as well as a little shiny copper, maybe its just the adhesive but it has enough black to make me concerned.

I'm gonna refer to those white lines on the bottom of the surround as stress cracks. Majority of them actually are not fully cracked but in another picture I will show one that is really bad.

Here is the one that I refer to as the soft spot that you can noticeably feel from the front. When the subwoofer would play you could actually see it sort of kinking here. Its done this from its very beginning days if not day one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Another smaller crack, its odd to me that they don't go all the way through the surround. Its almost as if the surround is two layers and kind of shiny looking like clear glue which gave me the whole smeared glue idea.

Here are specs from the first home the zcon had, I believe this was the guys second box he built with the first being his own but he sought some help over on ssa forums and diyma if I recall correctly. Probably not the best specs but I was having a hard time finding someone to help me with a box at the time. He was local, proved great craftsmanship, and was really nice.

Hopefully these pictures will help yall address my concerns a little better.

Thanks again to everyone that jumped in on this and sorry if I seemed like a **** at any point.
The back of the surround does look a little odd, but that is one I would really need to see in person to know what is going on.

[quote name='denim']I replied to this same topic on the SSA forums:

"If you feel there is an issue with the Zcon, please email us directly so we can take care of said issue. Zcon's have a stellar reputation for a reason, including world records. So if there is an issue with the Zcon, we clearly want to make it right. It is simply one of the best high power, high output subs on the market. The coils on the Zcon's are dark. Was the sub playing just fine before you pulled it? Where is it lacking on music? There should be no fear on running it again once reconed if that is what needs to be done."
[/QUOTE]
@denim

Sorry I have been busy and become accustomed to auto notifications and I haven't received any from ssa forums to grab my attention lol

Ill try and call you guys tomorrow, should I ask for anyone specific?

I been trying to keep up with everyone but man this thread blew up quick. Sorry if I missed anyone's questions or haven't responded to your comment. Thanks for all the comments, help and advice guys. Its greatly appreciated!

so i guess we will see this zcon 12 in classifieds first of the week..??!! lol first dibs called.....
If you want to take it off my hands, feel free to, but in my honest opinion it isn't worth much in its condition I feel like. Not trying to give it away either so I consider myself in a pinch.

I might just have to break my recone cherry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Ill show a video of it playing in its current condition if it makes everyone happy, ill just need a few days to sort a few things out.

[quote name='blowthemup']@denim

Sorry I have been busy and become accustomed to auto notifications and I haven't received any from ssa forums to grab my attention lol

Ill try and call you guys tomorrow, should I ask for anyone specific?[/QUOTE]

You can email me directly aaron @ ssaudio.com or you can call our office 443-345-1537.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.