Help Selecting a New Headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

B1GR3DDD

Delaware
Long time no see everyone,

Welp after dealing with some very annoying ground loop problems for almost 6 months now, I think it's time I be proactive and try to fix it. I've narrowed down my problems to my current Pioneer head unit. It is possible that the head unit isn't the cause of my problems, but I'm confident enough to give a new one a shot. If it doesn't fix it than I'll simply return it, however Pioneers pico fuses seem to be good reason for my problems. I really love Pioneer products, I just would like ground loop free sound in my car.

Here's a unit I'm currently considering: JVC Arsenal KD-R975BTS CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

If anyone has some recommendations here's what I'm looking for:

-$150 budget (preferably from Crutchfield as they offer free install gear)

-Hands free calling

-Bluetooth audio streaming

-CD playback ability

-iPod controls via USB

-6 pre-outs (4 main and 2 subwoofer)

-Not Pioneer just to avoid any possibility of pico fuse problems

If anyone has any recconedations feel free to let me know.

Thanks so much everyone!

i personally think the kenwood excelion and alpine units sound the best. only pioneer id buy in the prs 880..
Having used Kenwood x, and alpine head units, I would have to concur with this statement. But with that being said, jvc and kenwood are now affiliated, if I recall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.