my ssa zcon is done

A zcon and 3 cube box doesn't weigh much. The weight of your whole system is probably equivalent to having an extra person in the car at all times. When it's just you driving, it would be like the car is just carrying two people. I doubt your system is over 250 pounds.
I had over 2,000 pounds in just batteries with my last Silverado build. After addding suspension upgrades, it didn't drive much different. I had everythng tightly secured, so I could still "whip it"

Secure your box/amp down tight.

The cracks in the surround aren't good. However, I've sen a lot of voice coils with black adhesive from the factory.

Other than the surround having excess glue that caused cracking, I see no manufacturer defects here and I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is.
The weight is border line on being able to live with it but god forbid it was any heavier, I estimated everything out to about 250lbs as well so your right on. I had a board screwed down the whole size of my trunk basically and everything was screwed to it so no issues whipping it but you can tell a big difference of 250lbs when your driving a 2" lowered 4 banger on stock struts lol especially when having a passenger.

Not sure why you see this thread useless, its showing a failed product that shouldn't of failed or wasn't right from day one and it helping me achieve my goals of having a good sounding system that i'm happy with :/

Whats up with the red/black coils? I know I clip on certain songs but my box is crap so im only giving my icon 300rms after rise. Clipping 300rms will not burn that 1250rms rated coil.
So yea, I got kinda scared when I first looked at it when I pulled it awhile back. No issues in how it plays or thr like. Anyone else got a SSA sub around and wants to see if they have redish coils?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
My soundrive coil looked exactly the same new

how much does it move? It should move a good deal with the sd 2500.. the second video clearly had some serious delay and it sounded terrible on transition between notes reguardless of the distortion from the camera. You have it wired to 1ohm? Double check your wiring and the typical things you might over look. Maybe make a video.. tgey should get low but tuning to 30hz for a daily streetbeat is typically to low.

A zcon and 3 cube box doesn't weigh much. The weight of your whole system is probably equivalent to having an extra person in the car at all times. When it's just you driving, it would be like the car is just carrying two people. I doubt your system is over 250 pounds.
I had over 2,000 pounds in just batteries with my last Silverado build. After addding suspension upgrades, it didn't drive much different. I had everythng tightly secured, so I could still "whip it"

Secure your box/amp down tight.

The cracks in the surround aren't good. However, I've sen a lot of voice coils with black adhesive from the factory.

Other than the surround having excess glue that caused cracking, I see no manufacturer defects here and I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is.
Honestly I don't want to put anything in my g37. I want to loose weight. I bought it for the driving dynamics. So I'd suggest some pine or birch wood and loose the batteries and grab some caps that will do better anyways..

how much does it move? It should move a good deal with the sd 2500.. the second video clearly had some serious delay and it sounded terrible on transition between notes reguardless of the distortion from the camera. You have it wired to 1ohm? Double check your wiring and the typical things you might over look. Maybe make a video.. tgey should get low but tuning to 30hz for a daily streetbeat is typically to low.
Yeah im positive she is at 1 ohm and yeah that second video is kinda crappy. Hard to judge from videos, wish I could take one but I got a bit of work to get everything back in. You might of missed the post of my empty trunk which I just walked outside to take that picture. I'm always up for suggestions for something new.

I also hate how much my current setup weighs, im in a 2013 civic si coupe and like to whip around and you feel that **** back there. I dont have much more room than maybe just over 3 cubes unless i build in trunk and dont want to do that, that 3 cubed box was a tight fit.
If you can. Find out what your box rise is.

I'm somewhat familiar with box rise but does it even matter on music?
Absolutely. I have a cerwin vega 1000.1 1000rms at 1 ohm on my Icon d2. Its wired to 1ohm. My box has no 45 degree angles and thus resistance is high. Im not super knowledgeable but I have proper wiring and everything and im still only getting 300rms on sine waves.

Absolutely. I have a cerwin vega 1000.1 1000rms at 1 ohm on my Icon d2. Its wired to 1ohm. My box has no 45 degree angles and thus resistance is high. Im not super knowledgeable but I have proper wiring and everything and im still only getting 300rms on sine waves.
Very interesting, I wonder if cabin gain or acoustics affects your box rise as well? Thanks for sharing, I really wish I would of clamp tested the amp and checked my rise before pulling everything.

I do know it will play if I put it back in but at this point I need to get the zcon fixed while I got it out. Those cracks in the surround are a no go for me even though she still plays I'm not happy with it being like that.

Very interesting, I wonder if cabin gain or acoustics affects your box rise as well? Thanks for sharing, I really wish I would of clamp tested the amp and checked my rise before pulling everything.
I do know it will play if I put it back in but at this point I need to get the zcon fixed while I got it out. Those cracks in the surround are a no go for me even though she still plays I'm not happy with it being like that.
I know you can buy recones. See if anyone in the CA community is local to you and knows hows to do them. Would save you alot of hassle with ssa.

I dont believe cabin rise affects box rise because its out of the box...but you can have nulls from cancellation. It wouldnt affect lower frequencies so much but im kinda wondering if you were having cancellation from your woofers to your subwoofers. Try playing just the sub next time without anything else playing.

Box/port aiming always comes into play as well

Yeah she will play the low but no output what so ever, I wanted to go to 3.25 @ like 33hz but ccstang felt the 2.5 @ 32 was right for me but guess its hard to build a box for someone and not knowing what there looking for. The 3 cubed box did dig a lil lower but still lacked the output. I know low and loud takes good electrical and lots of power, that's why I was thinking of getting a bigger amp. But while things were out of the car and I wanted to inspect everything and discovered that uggly surrround and revealed the truth of why there was always a soft spot in it. This zcon never seemed to move much in either enclosure, ive zeen the zcon straight bouncing in some youtube vids.
My first system was a 15" FI SSD fully upgraded and in 4 cubes at 33hz and that thing put a smile on my face running it off a 1100w memphis amp if that helps at all!
Sounds like your gains arent properly set if you cant play rock or country. Those need a different setting and most likely waaaay undergained. You just need to set the gain for your weakest songs and when you listen to rap or hip hop, lower the sub level accordingly.

You need to realize not one setting fits all, every music is made differently and the recording levels directly influence your subs out through the signal the amp sees, you probably have way more output potential but you are too scared to tap into it. My zcon 12 was flexing my windshield several inches when i played 27 to 33hz in my corolla and toyotas are even harder to get loud in than hondas and my amp was a piece of **** as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.