My setup...id like to hear some opinions

brybry354
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to building car audio systems and don't really know very much about it and some opinions or help would be greatly appreciated!

So my vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2005 1500LS with a Bose sound system.

I have a ported box under my backseat with 2 8" Kicker L7's hooked up to 2 ohms to a KickerDX1000.1 class d mono amp.

Im also adding another ported box BEHIND my back seat and putting 2 10" KickerCVRs in it.

and I have a HifonicsBRZ1200.1D mono amp

Now here is where I could really use some help/tips or overall knowledge...

What is the best way to wire these next 2 subs up? Would I be able to just wire the two CRVs to the kicker1000 amp and save my Hifonics amp or what would be the best way to wire the KickerCVRs and am I going to need a second battery? My current battery is a yellow top Optima.

Basically anyone who knows how to install multiple amps...I could use some help or advice.

Thanks in advance...

And please no bashing on my system, Im new :/

So I'm keeping the 8"s and the kicker1000, should I just not add anything else at all? Because I cant find a box to fit 8s behind my seat.

sell the l7s and get two sundown sa 8's... they're cheaper than the l7s but a lot better.... then have someone like pro rabbit build you a box and you will be set....

u could use the 8s as mid bass...

OopsI was just scan'n kicker w7 lol...

my bad that wouldn't work...

Last edited by a moderator:
The box was custom made for 8" solo barics. Oh well I'm just gonna return everything that was gonna go in the back...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.