My rear speakers are getting raped by my subs, what do?

tf3090
10+ year member

SD
Whenever I turn my bass up, I'll randomly hear a loud, nasty popping sound on certain bass hits. Every time I popped the trunk to hear the subs, the noise went away, but when the trunk closed again, I kept hearing the sound. Finally turned my box around and aimed it into the cabin and the sound went away. I'm pretty sure the noise is from my rear deck speakers getting distorted from the massive air pressure in the trunk, so there are no problems with the sub firing into the cabin. However, the subs are way louder when they are firing into the trunk instead of the cabin, so I want to be able to put them in the back of the trunk. Is there any way to stop the rear speakers from getting fucked up from the air pressure without removing them entirely?

The problem with those is, the vast majority of 6x9's are designed to run infinite baffle, in a door or rear parcel shelf. So placing them in small sealed enclosures will greatly diminish their bass output potential. They will tend to sound like a nasally set of 5-1/4's.
better than popping due to pressure though. glad my speakers are in the doors and c-pillars.

Basically, rear deck speakers are cancelled out if you have some good power going in the trunk..

My rear speakers are getting torn apart by the pressure coming from my trunk.

Do I care? No.

Do I wonder why? No.

The fix? Remove the subs.. or the speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.