My Proposed Sub Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

tr0gd0r

Here is my proposed sub setup. Let me know what you think and if I should make any changes.

I have a 2003 Subaru Impreza, stock. No electrical upgrades.

Headunit - Alpine CDE-121 Already installed

Ordering:

Amplifier - RF Punch 300-1 (150 RMS at 4ohm | 300 RMS at 2ohm)

Subwoofer - RF Punch P2D4-10 Subwoofer 300W RMS

Box - Atrend BBox 10" Sealed box. 0.88 cubic foot.

Wiring kit - RF 4 gauge wiring kit

I will wire the sub to 2ohm and be powering it with 300W RMS. I hear that the RF amps are often underrated so I am expecting the P300-1 to be putting out around 400W according to reviews on Amazon.

Does anyone see anything I should change with this setup?

I don't want bass that can be heard around the block, just want to add some lows to my current stock speakers. I dont want to use up a ton of trunk space, thats why I chose a sealed 10" box. I mostly listen to pop and rock music.

I plan on placing the order tomorrow so give me any suggestions soon. My budget is about 400 for parts.

With $400 I would do something like this:

Clarion XR2120 570W RMS, XR Series Monoblock Power Amplifier

I have owned an older version of that amp and it worked great, did rated power and I never had any problems with it, its currently in a friends car now

4 gauge amplifier installation kit

DCON-10 D4

That leaves you with around $130 left over for the box.

Now for the box, use that leftover $ and have a custom made ported box made. It won't take up much more room and will sound much much better than a sealed box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.