My Pg Rsd65cs Review:

MY RSD REVIEW:

Well I ended up mouting just the mid in the door and running the tweets in the factory kickpanel as high up as I could go with them swiveled pretty close to on axis. There was not enough room to surface mount them on my sail panel, and the dash slopes too much towards the windshield to do anything but bounce the tweeter sound off the windshield so I did the best I could to keep them close to the mid but still hopefully high enough.

My first impressions are that they can get way louder without distorting than what you can even listen to them. The vocals and highs are extremely crisp--I actually am working on trying to cut them just a hair to make them blend better. Tweeter sounds nice on the 0 db setting. The +2db setting was too bright IMO.

Am currently a little disappointed in the midbass right now after what I have been reading--I deadened 2 layers against the outside skin and 3 layers on the panel the speaker/door panel mount to, and sealed every hole I could with flashing then went over it with 3 layers of deadener. I put acoustic foam right behind each mid too. The only holes I left open were the holes necessary to mount the door panel back on. My doors are large so that may play a role too.

I am hoping they loosen up a little like some have said theirs did and produce more midbass as time goes on. I really seem to have a hole from 70-150hz or so no matter how I set the Xovers.

All in all I am happy with them.

OT: My IDQ12v3 is far and away the most musical, precision sounding woofer I have ever had my hands on--Flawless up to 80hz--It is amazing how transparent it is, and well it blends with the music, you don't even realize it is there on rock music. If you throw some rap at it though it will really pound as well. (Keep in mind this truck had stock everything audio until yesterday afternoon) So I am still tweaking everything. A couple of days and a lot of messing around should make it pretty decent.

Funny tc, you're the reason I bought these comps and after reading your first 2 weeks of experience it's like I'm reading a page I wrote myself. After 3 days, the drivers are REALLY starting to come to life. Mid-bass response is definitely up and seems to have really kicked in nicely today. I too spend hours after work sitting there tuning my setup and DSP. Funny stuff really.

Also, your EQ settings mirror mine almost identically. I too found that the higher end needed to be toned down just a db or 2 at most. And, I mounted my tweets in my doors, close to the drivers, with the flush mounts. Not exactly as low as yours, but still had to do the same "mount tweaking" you spoke about. That's one thing I absolutely love about the tweets. The mounts are prime time. Simple, yet ingenious.

The only thing I have yet to do is deaden and seal my doors. I'll be doing that once it warms up here in Michigan. Also, I'm just starting to break the drivers in, so I'm expecting good results over the next week or so. Definitely looking forward to hearing it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Great review man, and good convo we had the other day. Definitely glad you touted these comps so highly because for the money they can't be beat. I'm now officially a beleiver and will recommend these to anyone looking for a good comp set and wanting to spend anything in the NEAR price range.

the guy selling them on ebay doesnt have them in stock right now, be prepared to wait 10 days for them to come in accoring to the seller, I have already been waiting a week and have to wait another 10 days

hey all!

i recently got a set of rsd 6.5's

i have them installed in a 05 silverado single cab, no deadening yet, tweeter location is on the door about a foot and a half from the mid, i used the surface mount for now, will probably use flush when i deaden my doors

i have them powered by a fosgate t400-2, puts out 120x2 at 4 ohms, birthsheet says 161x2, kudos for me

i ran 12 guage speaker wire, overkill i know

all things considered, for the price, and not having my doors deadened, they sound excellent, i have the fosgate crossed at around 80hz, 0 db tweeter setting

i do not find them harsh what so ever, i have my eq totally flat, and they do get quite loud, i was really surprised, when the break in for a week or two, i'll push them a little harder

no they aren't high end, they are a boner on the net at the moment, but in there price range and even alittle beyond that they own all, i'm really surprised, and happy the hype was not hype, thanks for the rsd cheerleaders ha ha!

shoot me some questions if you have any

cheers

mike

the guy selling them on ebay doesnt have them in stock right now, be prepared to wait 10 days for them to come in accoring to the seller, I have already been waiting a week and have to wait another 10 days
Which seller would that be? There is only one guy selling them on ebay right now. I just bought a set and he told me the same thing, they are on backorder and said they are coming next week. If you bought from the same seller and have already been waiting I think I'll just get a refund on mine. He still has auctions up selling speakers her doesn't even have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Which seller would that be? There is only one guy selling them on ebay right now. I just bought a set and he told me the same thing, they are on backorder and said they are coming next week. If you bought from the same seller and have already been waiting I think I'll just get a refund on mine. He still has auctions up selling speakers her doesn't even have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
dynamic, I did order a sub from him and it shipped fast, he said it just went out of stock when I bought the speakers but he still has it up on ebay like you said, I dont want to cancel because no one else has them

dynamic, I did order a sub from him and it shipped fast, he said it just went out of stock when I bought the speakers but he still has it up on ebay like you said, I dont want to cancel because no one else has them
thats who i got mine through, it took around a week and a half to get them, my amp came in 2 days, i called and he explained that he was waiting for a new shipment to come in, had me a bit worried at first

well..just fyi, i ordered a set early last week, and never heard anything, so i emaild him monday asking when they would come and if they were back orderd, and he just said "if you cant wait, then i'll give you a refund"....never really answered my question as to if they were on fact on back order......

so today i called and told him i had to leave town for an extended period in 2 weeks, and that if they werent going to be in by then, that there would be no one there to recieve them......once again i told him..."if they are on back order and you cant verify with any certainty a ship date then just refund me"......

once again he never really answered if they were on back order, or not, but about 2 hrs later i got a full refund....so i can only assume he was pretty sure i would not see them delivered in any LESS than 2 weeks....

so take that for what its worth....luckily i already had a set from audiosavings in the closet...

Good luck, hope he dont take 3 weeks to even get the stuff in....

he didnt seem too bad of a guy to me, first he told me 10 days 2 days ago then yesterday he said 9 days, we'll see if it is true, my RSD10 shipped out the same day though from him, Im sure it would have been cheaper to combine the shipping though

I asked him when I could expect them and he said 7 days (making it this coming Friday).

leastbay - thats the same reason I'm waiting... nobody else is selling and I really want these haha. I guess if they aren't shipped by next Monday at the latest I'll get a refund and find something else...

Ill wait longer then that, i really am not considering anything else, I dont think anything can come close to them for the price. I dont want to regret putting something else in there, plus I ordered a Kicker amp just to power these bad boys.

Ill wait longer then that, i really am not considering anything else, I dont think anything can come close to them for the price. I dont want to regret putting something else in there, plus I ordered a Kicker amp just to power these bad boys.
Which one did you order? I'm thinking of grabbing a KX700.5 in the next couple weeks. Seems to be a good choice for my comps and sub(s). I like the KX better than the ZX myself, so I'll most likely grab it off Ebay. I'm pretty sure Hifi is selling them new for under $200 right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.