my new id max 12" d4 making poping noise

when I pushed down on the woofer it made a scratching noise.

ohh well that peace of **** I returned it I will probably move to jl w7 13"

the IDMAXs have a tight gap... if you dont push down PERFECTLY of course it is going to make a scratching noise... you could do that on any sub. if you were sending it too much power it could also bottom out, which would sound like a pop

when I pushed down on the woofer it made a scratching noise.
ohh well that peace of **** I returned it I will probably move to jl w7 13"
LOL idmax pos? Obvisouly this was a user error. You'll pay double for a 13w7 with less SQ.

So instead of figuring out the problem you just avoid it and condemn the sub like it's ID's fault? Wow, thats sad.

ive blown 2 id max's, decided to screw dealing with their subs, my blown one is sitting at idmax headquarters and they are wanting 160 to fix it for the 2nd time ive already spent 350 on the sub and figured why keep wasting my money and got a different sub...make SURE that your gains set correctly and that you do not have bass boost on...also make sure you are not over powering it, when i did this the surround rubber made a bend or crimp when it reached max excursion and made a poping noise as well, that might be it...these subs are extra sensitive if u dont take it easy it will blow atleast 2 times easier!!
Obviously you don't know how to set up subwoofers. Leave that to people who know what they are doing.

They are not that sensitive. IDmax's are not some strange sub that if you go 1w over RMS they'll blow. LOL. You were probably send them a clipped signal from your amp and it blew because of it.

well All I have to say is the two ID max I had was not louder then my friends 1 w7 13.5

the sq on W7 are very good I like it better then the MAX the max hits to fast.

well All I have to say is the two ID max I had was not louder then my friends 1 w7 13.5
Keep in mind that you can't compare setups in two different vehicles. Install, setup and the vehicle itself will completely change how a certain sub sounds. Your friends w7 may be louder, but that could be due to a number of variables in the enviornment and/or install and not a direct correlation between the subs themselves.

um not. 1 13.5w7 won't hit louder then 2 12idmax on same wattage. It's call displacement. Some cars are louder then others so that could be a reason, or his install is better.

Pretty much what squeak said.

My RE SE in my car was weak compared to how it sounds with the same amp, and enclosure in my buddies car. Both are compact cars but his just sounds louder. Different cars can make a huge difference.

Hmm, never heard of a sub hitting to fast.... most people refer to subs that hit fast as good sq so they can keep up with fast beats and double kicks well.A lot of w7 installs can sound "muddy" when playing double kicks, or fast beats from my experience. Most people like the bass played how it was recorded, not blended together into a BLAH of bass.

It's all in the install. 2 12" IDmax's will destroy a single w7 in SPL with the same wattage. Theres no arguing that.

Plus the idmax's are quite a bit more accurate in playing bass then w7's from what ive heard.

It's all in the install. 2 12" IDmax's will destroy a single w7 in SPL with the same wattage. Theres no arguing that.

Plus the idmax's are quite a bit more accurate in playing bass then w7's from what ive heard.

please note that you never heard a W7 before I have owned one before and the W7 is a monster woofer thats all I am saying.

two sealed IDmax won't keep up to one JL w7 13.5. I say this from experience. You never heard the w7 13.5 why comment on something that you never heard before.

its like saying a honda is better then a BMW. Its clearly isn't. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a honda nsx type r could beconsidered to better than a m3. and comparing a idmax to a w7 is more along the lines of comparing a camaro to a mustang or a audi to the bmw

please note that you never heard a W7 before I have owned one before and the W7 is a monster woofer thats all I am saying.
two sealed IDmax won't keep up to one JL w7 13.5. I say this from experience. You never heard the w7 13.5 why comment on something that you never heard before.

its like saying a honda is better then a BMW. Its clearly isn't. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Excuse you? You totally assume i haven't heard a 13.5w7.

Actually I have, and i thought it was pretty loud. Not as loud as 2 12 idmax's running off of the same power though. Just look at the displacement, the idmax's have the advantage.

Idmax IMO have better SQ then the w7's. The idmax has better transients then the w7 too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.