My mp3s have different volumes

hondarider
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I use a mp3 player connected to my hu through the head phone jack and some songs being played off of it are real quiet compared to others and i don't know why. I always have the volume all the way up on the mp3 player then there is still big changes in volume on some songs. Any ideas?

I use a mp3 player connected to my hu through the head phone jack and some songs being played off of it are real quiet compared to others and i don't know why. I always have the volume all the way up on the mp3 player then there is still big changes in volume on some songs. Any ideas?
it all depends on the song you have...some are recorded at higher levels and some are recorded a little less....also it somewhat depends on your kbp/s ( the quality of the music) and it depends on were you got the song from and what the people who had the song before you did what with it ( we all know your songs are not 100% legal )

Yes i downloaded a lot of them from limewire and i always try to get 128 kbps so just about every song is the bit rate. Is there any way to make them all the same? Maybe a program that will adjust the differences?

Yes i downloaded a lot of them from limewire and i always try to get 128 kbps so just about every song is the bit rate. Is there any way to make them all the same? Maybe a program that will adjust the differences?
limewire *****....i was never able to get good files

I also had this happen to me just converting a song from wma to mp3. I played the song burned to a CD-R which was a wma then i converted it to mp3 and played it through my mp3 player and it was much quieter.

you want 320kbps best you can use on mp3.

you'll notice a big difference in the quality.

you want 320kbps best you can use on mp3.
you'll notice a big difference in the quality.
Will that fix the volume problem? I only have 1 gig of memory on my mp3 player so i don't really want to use a higher bitrate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.