my mercedes build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heny

whats going on guys to start off im probably the only guy crazy enough to install a system in a new mercedes truck

4 hertz 8in spl shows

2 hertz ht25 tweeters

2 american bass hd12s

rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 dsp

rockford fosgate 1000-4 2009 model (mids) (not crazy about the new one)

soundigital 400.4 (tweeters)

soundigital 1500.1 (bass)

1/0 awg welding cable for batteries power and ground

4 awg welding cable for amps

sky high 12 awg ofc for speakers and 8 awg ofc for subs

took off the door panels to see what i can fit factory 6.5 wasn't going to work for me so i bought 8in hertz spl shows all around

16b0h29.jpg

checking for clearance

20i9kw1.jpg

testing out these two animals while i waited for my 1/0 welding cable come in

f6mww.jpg

and the wiring begins

se2erb.jpg

found a route to run the wires for the 3sixty.3

2v9y9hv.jpg

running sky high 12 awg ofc to the doors

io3vxf.jpg

had to take apart the whole car to run the 1/0 awg

1j0m50.jpg

its alive !! put everything back together

29dfpyq.jpg

started building my 3/4 birch ported box for 2 hd12s american bass animals !

24zah39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
first off...congratz for having the skillz and the cajones to do such a major overhaul to such a nice vehicle. I love that suv. A nice vehicles deserves nice audio and indeed it appears you pieced together a nice synergy of products. what made you decide to do all those massive batteries in the rear floor vs. a larger aftermarket alternator and maybe a single battery in the back. Not sure what stock size alt is so that's why i asked. Also, don't each of those subs take 1500 watts rms each on the low side of manufacturers recommendation and real world best practices? With bigger alt there's probably more electrical headroom to add a second one of those mono amps or upgrade to a single bigger amp. I've haven't seen a lot of new euro cars with heavy substage..are they pretty decently insulated in the rear area or did you have to do a lot of sound treatment?

Good stuff man, i bet those 8's make for some nice kick in your front stage.

Lol thanks man I went with the 2 batteries because I had the kinetik for another car I had and it was just laying there so I said hey why not and I can't even find a company that makes a h/o alt for this car the stock alt puts out 180 and with those 2 batteries my car doesn't even drop anything lower than 14v while playing; and as for the subs I know they are really underpowered but I like my car to sound balanced so if I add more power I would have to add more speakers and I don't like making holes and I'm definitely not fiberglassing; and the truck is very heavily insulated I just put stinger road kill on the actual hatch and this car doesn't vibrate at all overall the car sounds amazing

And yea man that's pretty much it I already took a huge risk by doing what I've done these cars are a b***h to work on and the dealer wants to void warranty for any excuse they can get in just going to add some smd products here and there and that's about it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.