My large Audio Technix install (tons O pictures)

SPLC

Banned
This product sticks like no other I have ever used!

Thanks again Coleman!

Carpet came from Stockinteriors.com also a great company to deal with.

1994 GMC K1500 suburban. I picked this truck up cheap and it needed carpet and all the factory deadener was dissolving from being wet. The previous owners were "just hosing it out" and nearly ruined it. I forgot to take pictures before I took it apart but they start soon as it was empty.

100_4659.jpg

100_4658.jpg

100_4665.jpg

100_4664.jpg

100_4666.jpg

100_4668.jpg

100_4670.jpg

100_4671.jpg

100_4769.jpg

100_4771.jpg

Holy rust haha.....

Looks good man, keep up the good work. I am glad to see you did something about the rust rather then just covering it up as many would have done.

Awesome build man!

You did some good work there!

Which one did you use? 60 or 80mil?

Also how much deadener did all that take?

Awesome build man! You did some good work there!

Which one did you use? 60 or 80mil?

Also how much deadener did all that take?
Thanks man, it took tons of time.

The deadener is the 60mil as I prefer to do 2 layers always and sometimes 3 layers.

So far I have used 50sq feet of AT with plans to use another 30 or so sq ft.

I also used 80sq ft of the thin (40 mil IIRC) FatMat on the cargo area floor because I know it will get damaged back there and I know it will be way easier to remove Bahahaha...

Thanks man, it took tons of time.The deadener is the 60mil as I prefer to do 2 layers always and sometimes 3 layers.

So far I have used 50sq feet of AT with plans to use another 30 or so sq ft.

I also used 80sq ft of the thin (40 mil IIRC) FatMat on the cargo area floor because I know it will get damaged back there and I know it will be way easier to remove Bahahaha...
yeah... once that AT is on there it aint going no where. I put about a 1/2 inch going past my door panel and thought "no biggie, will just peal it off" WORNG!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif LOL

Nice work.. cant wait to see what kinda sounds thats gonna deaden

Looks good. How much deadener are you going to end up using? I am interested in how well it works for road noise.
Soon as I actually take it off my property Ill post back about road noise and how well it insulates. I will have about 200sq ft total in the suburban. I am using it to replace the factory crap mostly. The original stuff was like cardboard asphalt and held moisture . Hence the rust IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SPLC

Banned
SPLC
you tell me...
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from