My in-line fuse keeps blowing. Why?

BacksideUSA
10+ year member

Yesterday i added a set of rainbow comps, and a jl 360 amp to my system. (I also have a kicker 750 amp powering my subs) After i hooked everything up, i went to reconnect the negative battery terminal, and it went POP and blew my fuse. i replaced the fuse with a spare, and it just did it again.

i have a distribution block with 2 inputs and 4 outputs. i am running 4 gauge power and ground wires to each input, and then running 4 gauge power and ground wires from each output, to their respective amp. i've triple checked all my connections, and they're all legit.

Should i be running thicker gauge leads? Is it ok to run power and ground wires out of one distribution block?

If it is blowing the fuse as soon as you connect it, you have a short. Go over all of your power wires again. Something is more than likely grounded somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.