Just put a new head unit in - terrible sound quality/static... help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

soxfan2546

Hey just joined this forum to ask a question...

My first system got stolen a couple weeks ago and the people cut the wires before the factory harness so its just the wires coming out. So I was hooking up a new radio today and I just spliced the wires straight to the car because I don't know where to get a new factory harness. Anyway I installed it all and have all the wires hooked up correctly but when I play any kind of media (I tried aux, cd, radio, usb) the sound coming out of the speakers has a lot of static or it sounds loose or something I don't really know how to explain it...

So what do I need to do to get the speakers to sound right? I checked all my connections and re did a couple of them. I re did my ground and made sure that was tight. Everything is wired up how I think its supposed to be but it sounds like crap...

Any ideas?

Thanks

good thinking... I'd still like to try to get it fixed without having to do all that tho since I already have it all wired up straight to the car... any other ideas?

good thinking... I'd still like to try to get it fixed without having to do all that tho since I already have it all wired up straight to the car... any other ideas?
2005 impala

and the head unit is a pioneer AVH-p3300BT if that matters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.