My FU has seen better days.

I must be clipping but idk how. I never go above what I set my gains at. Head unit pre outs don’t clip up to full volume but I set gains at 33/35. The only thing I can think of is I used the wrong test tone to set gains. I used the dd1 provided disc with the -3db test tone track. And I set my ssf with the cc1 to 25hz. My voltage never drops below 13.2v even at full tilt and nothing gets even warm to the touch. Either I randomly still burning off glue or I’ve been slowly killing it without even realizing it. I’m starting completely fresh tho with the AG15 and CT Sounds at1400.1D I’m grabbing Friday for ultra cheap BNIB. Grabbing a HO alt and second battery with tax money so my bases will be covered.

you wont hear the start of clipping, so don't think you did. you smell burnt coil, you back off and remember how long and what type of power it was getting and go from there.

I must be clipping but idk how. I never go above what I set my gains at. Head unit pre outs don’t clip up to full volume but I set gains at 33/35. The only thing I can think of is I used the wrong test tone to set gains. I used the dd1 provided disc with the -3db test tone track. And I set my ssf with the cc1 to 25hz. My voltage never drops below 13.2v even at full tilt and nothing gets even warm to the touch. Either I randomly still burning off glue or I’ve been slowly killing it without even realizing it. I’m starting completely fresh tho with the AG15 and CT Sounds at1400.1D I’m grabbing Friday for ultra cheap BNIB. Grabbing a HO alt and second battery with tax money so my bases will be covered.
DD-1 is dumb. All the music u listen to is recorded all over the place some bass is louder then others. Sure the DD-1 was clean on that test tone but are u driving around just doing a burp at that single Frequency? Nope didn’t think so

Not sure what you're doing then, if not clipping. I had my 750's on 2-3x rated power(TL Magnum clamped actual power) for 1-1/2 yrs, in different enclosures, tuned from 26-42 hz. When i finally quit using them, all the coils were still shiny.

Like POP said, Taramps clipping indicators ftw ...

I think her days are numbered. Good thing my Wolfram AG15 is coming soon!
Once the Wolfram comes I’ll murder the FU and post a video //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
No, give it to me man?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.