Hds315

Ya you can hook it up to 1 hds315 at 1 ohm, just don't be a re-re and put the gain up 100%. If you know what you're doing, you will know the limits of your equipment.

Could I hookup the Q1 2200.2 at 1 ohm to the HDS315 without blowing it?
just adjust gain down., many peeps here 3-4x rated power to subs because most use ported box and they have something called "box rise" which basically mean sub normally gets about 1/2 (65%) maybe of the power your amp has so run more power so u have "head room" for that set gain low don't use bass boost..... there is a method to set gain for watts u want on bigger amp with volt meter.. it's not perfect but just to give u a good idea about where gain should be in your case u would want to set gain for like 1500rms so 1500x1 squared would be 38.7v.. other ways to do it and some still prefer by ear like me (i set mine by ear and came out almost exactly to what that method said) here's video

just adjust gain down., many peeps here 3-4x rated power to subs because most use ported box and they have something called "box rise" which basically mean sub normally gets about 1/2 (65%) maybe of the power your amp has so run more power so u have "head room" for that set gain low don't use bass boost..... there is a method to set gain for watts u want on bigger amp with volt meter.. it's not perfect but just to give u a good idea about where gain should be in your case u would want to set gain for like 1500rms so 1500x1 squared would be 38.7v.. other ways to do it and some still prefer by ear like me (i set mine by ear and came out almost exactly to what that method said) here's video

the hds315 is in 4 cubes ported tuned to 32 hz.. just was wondering if it would be able to handle the power. Have a chance to pick up the amp second hand.

Should I pass and look for something smaller? I mean if i'm gonna be gentle on the gains might as well just get a smaller amp right

the hds315 is in 4 cubes ported tuned to 32 hz.. just was wondering if it would be able to handle the power. Have a chance to pick up the amp second hand.Should I pass and look for something smaller? I mean if i'm gonna be gentle on the gains might as well just get a smaller amp right
no it's fine with box that big rise is probably gonna put u at sub only getting 1200-1600rms anyway and nothing wrong with "headroom" and low gain setting.. if u pass on the sq it should be because they just not best in the world (basically cheaper hifionics guts, now at least) depends on price and amp condition really if it looks and sounds great and u can get it cheap do it.. if it's $200 then there's several good amps that do 1500rms or so u can get around that price range at least when they on sale.. bigblank here test amps has utube channel u can see what the amps actually do.. he had a new hifonics that was really nice good guts did 1500rms selling it $150 here's his channel https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

You plan on getting another? If so, you'll double your bass and power. I would def pick that amp up...it's a popular model.

Nobody asked what coil configuration your 15 is. Either 1 ohm or *cough* 2 ohm. Just keep gain down if it seems to be bottoming out and hear mechanical limits.

the hds315 is in 4 cubes ported tuned to 32 hz.. just was wondering if it would be able to handle the power. Have a chance to pick up the amp second hand.Should I pass and look for something smaller? I mean if i'm gonna be gentle on the gains might as well just get a smaller amp right
Big amp barely lifting a finger vs small amp working its @ss off overheating like sh*t, which do you think provides cleaner power and lasts longer? You never get a smaller amp for any reason at all unless you flat broke and just need a temp amp. If you are a real basshead, you'll always find that you never have enough power.

For reference my buddy had a 6k amp for a pair of hds315s, lithium ion battery and all stock electricals never blew em, gave them absolute hell as well looked like the surrounds were gonna cave in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

scadiz

scadiz
Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef