My friends phone play alot better through aux

Participant count
  • Participant list

Warlevik

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sweden
I let my friend have the aux, and discovered her phone produces alot more sound than mine. Her 50% max sounds like my 100%. I find it weird because we both have the exact same settings on spotify and same brand of phone. I have the iphone 11 pro and she has an iphone 8, so if anything id think mine should sound better as its newer but no. Anyone got any ideas to why this is?

Yes I’ve checked and every restrictive setting is turned off.
Have you compared both phones using headphones? I used wired headphones to the point of weakening the prongs in the port, causing sound issues and at times not holding the pin in place. One solution would be to use a BT dongle. I use one in my HT setup and only drawback is the loud "low battery" chime in the middle of a good show.

Different phone models have different output voltages. Older iphones and android phones used to have slightly higher voltages (.8-1v) but the new phones aren't as high (.5-.8v). Phone arena used to measure the aux out voltage but now that everything is wireless and bluetooth they stopped measuring that data point and only report db from the speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.