Wiring Upgrade Help Plz HOalt, Lithium, and Stock

Participant count
  • Participant list

diehappy
10+ year member

So, I just replaced the stock alt with a 370amp ces alternator. Nextup is the wiring. I have 2/0 ebflex to run. I have provided a pic for reference and guidance for help. So I want to run the 2/0 from the alt to the cyber 6k in truck cabin. Then from there 1awg cca to the front stock battery with fuse block to power the connected devices there. At the stock battery I plan on removing the negative from the battery so that stock battery isn't in the system just there for backup. I didn't want this leaching from the lithium while engine not running. At the cyber 6k I plan to run two negs to the chassis for grounding. I will also be replacing the engine to chassis ground under the hood. From the cyber 6k I plan on running the pos to both amps seperate as shown. The same will be done from the grounds that were run. Please look at pic to get better idea of what I am planning and let me know. Thanks Thanks Thanks

Attachments

• 149674253_467263137785217_851546950838591811_n.jpg
    149674253_467263137785217_851546950838591811_n.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Wiring Idea.jpg
    Wiring Idea.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 81
So you basically just want to run the lithium as your main battery and use the stock as backup.
I don't have any experience with the lithium batteries so it might work different but why not just isolate the second battery and use it for the amps.
You have a 370 amp alt.
Its not like its going to have a problem charging

This might help but like I said I have no experience with the lithium so it might be different
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/dual-battery-wiring-tutorial-and-why.387265/

So you basically just want to run the lithium as your main battery and use the stock as backup.
I don't have any experience with the lithium batteries so it might work different but why not just isolate the second battery and use it for the amps.
You have a 370 amp alt.
Its not like its going to have a problem charging

This might help but like I said I have no experience with the lithium so it might be different
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/dual-battery-wiring-tutorial-and-why.387265/
Thats a basic 2 identical battery setup. This is far from that but thanks for the pointer. Also, I didn't know about using an isolator as they are expensive for one and I didn't know if they have one that can handle up to 400amps or so. Id rather have over then under for that.

Thats a basic 2 identical battery setup. This is far from that but thanks for the pointer. Also, I didn't know about using an isolator as they are expensive for one and I didn't know if they have one that can handle up to 400amps or so. Id rather have over then under for that.

Expensive?

$65 pales in comparison to the price of a lithium battery...

o dang idk why I didnt see this before i vaguely remember seeing it before... hmm
so that prob be the best way to go then huh? would the way i thought up work however? ill prob get the isolator
To your battery, as it does from the factory. Then a new wire from your main battery (hooked to alt and used for starting) to this relay. Out the relay and to second battery. Then a 12v runs to a small post to energize the relay. What this does is uses 1 amp power from a 12v (that activates only while the vehicle is running) in order to close the contacts and make the circuit to the new battery. When the vehicle is off, contacts are broken and the second battery is isolated from the system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.