My custom 10" Is yours beefier?

this isnt mine but i felt like i should add to the thread

dc-audio-10.jpg

dc audio level 5 10"

Yep, the spacers are nuts. They work well for the application, I like the "industrial" look personally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They serve two purposes:

1) Cooling - the 4-spoke has no basket windows.

2) Clearance - I cut out the hole in the bottom of the 4-spoke larger so the center of the spider has more rearward clearance.

These are not production - just a one-of custom driver.

I may consider building more in the future, but not right now.

Oh yah... power handling is quite a bit.

Extra long coil was used and four spiders - three softer ones and one hard one, which is slightly harder than the three hard spiders I use for production Nightshades. Didn't want the Fs to get too high but I wanted a tad more stiffness.

I played it for a while with a 1500D @ 1 ohm free air at almost full tilt.

I too have a TC-OEM 10 but it dosnt have near the glue around the dustcap as yours but my fav 10 was Woofer Cooker's Onyx LSX 10 ... not as beefy but sexiest to me

HC-Onyx2.jpg

But Im also just partial to Onyx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.