My car stopped working

Alexlapp

not to long ago i was riding around town with a group of friends i had just bought new subs so we weere bumping to some music when my car suddenly shut off power steering accelerator everything. i drove it home after that n everything was fine, then i tried a few weeks later to drive to a different town we had no troubles until we were about 5 minutes from town wen my car shut down on the highway, i restarted the car but the RPMs were less then half or wat they were supposed to be at n when i would drive the power going through my car would be very speratic and would accelerate alot fast at sometimes n not accelerate at all at other times, whenever i would come to a stop my car would shut off n i would have to restart it always getting half of the number of RPMs it normally would, i had the electronics tested at O'reillys n i was told that it was the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor i have no idea wat that is I looked it up n it seems like it could be wats wrong but idk I'm not great with cars my friend n I are guna change my alternator to c if that helps but i havent gotten round to it yet I hope someone will be able to tell me a lil bit bout wat mite be going wrong cuz I miss my car

sounds like the MAP is the issue (like said above, easy to change at home). had that happen with 2 of my cars in the past. the alternator doesnt sound like the issue, your car would not restart if the alt was dead because the battery would not be recieving a charge. GL

Do you have a check engine light on constantly? A faulty MAP sensor on a GM OBDII (Which is what you have) will trigger a fault code every time...

yes i do have that on all the time... would anyone be able to tell me how to change that myself or send me a link to a website decribing how to do it cuz i have been looking for one all day today

The MAP sensor is mouted to the intake manifold with usually 2 long 7mm screws, 1 connector plug, and 1 rubber vaccum line hookup. Buy a new one 1st so you know what you're looking for - Advance auto parts is nice cuz you can buy it online and pick it up in the store you can get at least 20% off on your purchase (Just google advance auto parts discount codes & look around) Once you get it and locate it on your engine's intake manifold, disconnect the negative battery cable while you swap it out (This will reset the trouble codes in your ECM) Install the new 1, hook back up your battery & start it up...

Edit: If you haven't done so already, you will need to remove the plastic engine cover that says "SERIES II 3800" to gain access to the intake manifold & essentially - Your MAP sensor... Look on the back side of the engine intake towards the fire wall (If I remember correctly...) Hope this helps ;-)

The MAP sensor is mouted to the intake manifold with usually 2 long 7mm screws, 1 connector plug, and 1 rubber vaccum line hookup. Buy a new one 1st so you know what you're looking for - Advance auto parts is nice cuz you can buy it online and pick it up in the store you can get at least 20% off on your purchase (Just google advance auto parts discount codes & look around) Once you get it and locate it on your engine's intake manifold, disconnect the negative battery cable while you swap it out (This will reset the trouble codes in your ECM) Install the new 1, hook back up your battery & start it up...
Edit: If you haven't done so already, you will need to remove the plastic engine cover that says "SERIES II 3800" to gain access to the intake manifold & essentially - Your MAP sensor... Look on the back side of the engine towards the fire wall (If I remember correctly...) Hope this helps ;-)
thanks alot this should help alot thank u

would you want to upgrade the car gps system, please? Such as use hand writing GPS, reversing camera, parking guideline. Most Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Volvo, Ford, Land Rover, Porsche, Chevrolet, Toyota, Citroen, Peugeot and so on. Car interfaces multimedia to offer 1RGB+2AV+1Cam for after-market video devices. with your interests, please get in touch skype to discuss more bellage2005.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ot.gif.1ccdea14db89b4c1e3b73336d794b1d2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Alexlapp

Alexlapp
Clintonville, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
i2ain2thunder