My car has a really thick and soundproof trunk.

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
I have 2x Clarion 12' in my car now on a 400w VR3 amp all hooked up.

As of now they crank a little bit, and i ordered a Lanzar MXA284 to bridge them into their maximum potential.

When i open the trunk everything gets really loud, but as soon as the trunk gets closed... its completely quiet. You wouldnt tell i had subs from the outside.

My car is a 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. The entire trunk is matted, but none of the mat comes off. Its embedded with electronics and bolted in.

What would you guys recommend to get massive thumping bass. I am saving up for Orion HCCA 15 now.

you could cut out most of the insulation with a utility knife and or get crazy with a saw and cut some rear deck out. upgrading your equipment will go a long way though. that amp you have is absolute poop with some mediocre entry level subs in likely a prefab box is most of the issue.

The enclosure is custom built as far as i am aware. Hopefully my new amp will push these things. I dont think an Orion HCCA will have a problem hitting bass. Curse my car for being well built heh

Is it loud in the car? You're only maybe putting 200 into each sub too. Not a lot of power. Why an HCCA if I might ask?
You can certainly hear it in the car, it rattles a little bit that you can hear. Not amazing though

My friend has an HCCA and it hits hard and you can hear it from a long distance away. It will move my car just being parked next to his!

Well if it sounds good in the car what are you worried about? That's what some people strive to get! I just don't like the way the HCCA's sound. They're loud. I'll give you that but so is anything you throw 2000 watts at ya know?

i recommend a real amp instead of flea market junk.

but for the answer pull out the speakers in the rear deck and let the trunk breath into the cabin.

if you trying to make it loud outside the car i will not help u there as that is the most ridiculous thing a person can do. you listen to your music i dont want to hear it when im sitting next to you at a red light. not to mention hearing it outside is loss of volume inside.

the hcca is junk for the money look into a sundown z15v3 throw 1500-2k to it in a nice custom ported box and enjoy

i had a 94 deville that had the same insulation with eloctonics all over the back seat. i cut it out and still managed to get decently loud with os kicker seperates 18s in sealed box on 600w. did about 139 on music.

That's what I was getting at. I dynamatted my trunk for SQ purposes but I'd really rather the whole neighborhood didn't hear me coming. Good way to get your shlt took.

Ill probably be taking out the rear speakers or something. It is immature for me wanting to blast music outside of the car, but im young and naive yet, heh. I like having the option to, rather than not.

i had the same problem with my friends '97 lumina. i WAS running a vr3 200 watt to a pioneer 800. it sounded like complete ****. i found out the wiring he used in it for the power supply from the battery was roughly a 26-30 guage wire so i replaced it with 8 gauge, that got it bumping a little harder. after awhile i replaced it with a pyramid P717x arctic series 1000 watts. you can definitely tell it has subs in the back now... so with the position your in, i would just upgrade to a higher wattage amp

You can certainly hear it in the car, it rattles a little bit that you can hear. Not amazing though
My friend has an HCCA and it hits hard and you can hear it from a long distance away. It will move my car just being parked next to his!
i though you had a xl 15 on a skar 1500?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.