my brz 1700 tru rms

Colossus281
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK just set my clamp with my brz1700 I'm running it at 2ohm's so 1200 clam rms tested it and got 440 watts I have two vvx12 they are 600rms so I'm pushing 220 rms to each. how sad. Can you say grossly under powered. Lol but what can I say the amp was $200

OK just set my clamp with my brz1700 I'm running it at 2ohm's so 1200 clam rms tested it and got 440 watts I have two vvx12 they are 600rms so I'm pushing 220 rms to each. how sad. Can you say grossly under powered. Lol but what can I say the amp was $200
Are you sure you had it wired @ 2 ohms? It's rated to put out 600w @ 4 ohms..

Also, how's your electrical? These are CEA-2006 compliant @ 14.4v.

My BRZ1200.1d is giving my Type R 900w, and judging by the way the sub performs I'm fairly certain it's in the ballpark. I've got my electrical upgraded, however, so maybe that's why I was getting it's full potential.

Are you sure you had it wired @ 2 ohms? It's rated to put out 600w @ 4 ohms..Also, how's your electrical? These are CEA-2006 compliant @ 14.4v.

My BRZ1200.1d is giving my Type R 900w, and judging by the way the sub performs I'm fairly certain it's in the ballpark. I've got my electrical upgraded, however, so maybe that's why I was getting it's full potential.
CEA doesnt mean much but I do know these have been tested to do rated... So I would also like prof

my electrical is 0 gauge with a bt-60 battery and my stock battery I will be doing the big 3 next weekend and stock alternator which puts out 120 amps

Are you sure you had it wired @ 2 ohms? It's rated to put out 600w @ 4 ohms..Also, how's your electrical? These are CEA-2006 compliant @ 14.4v.

cea 2006 ratings are only measured at a 4 ohm load, that rating is pretty much useless because most people run lower than a 4 ohm load.

This thread seems like a load of bs. Vids or at least pics? You didn't even bother posting your results for us to verify your math. No mention of amount of box rise or freq used.

Yet another useless "clamp test" thread...

Is this right ( I have a brz 1700.1d but I'm running it at 2ohm's they clam 1200 rms so I times that by 2ohm's = 2400 then I √ that 48.98xxxx so with the dmm I set my gain to read 48 or maybe 47.8 or so?????)

I have two 12 2ohm dvc wired in Series/Parallel
So like this? You should have gotten dual 4's so you could wire down to 1 ohm...

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

I used a digital multimeter I unplug the speaker wires from my amp plug in my multimeter set my head unit to normal playing volume which is about 75 percent turn the bass two zero used 60hz and send my gain two 48. exactly

I used a digital multimeter I unplug the speaker wires from my amp plug in my multimeter set my head unit to normal playing volume which is about 75 percent turn the bass two zero used 60hz and send my gain two 48. exactly
Thats what I thought

Thats not clamping power. You need a true rms clamp and a mulit meter. You measure amperage and voltage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.