My brand new amp died while listening to music

This happened to my G/F's JL setup in her '09 Si... the amount of frayed copper in the trunk made me sick to look at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I also want to see some pics

I didn't do anything with the settings.

I'm afraid they'll just change the settings on it and pretend that they dont know what's wrong, haha.

It's an https://www.woofersetc.com/p-6856-fd-2200-arc-audio-2-channel-370-watt-amplifier.aspx wired to CXS64 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Ohm Component System.

The amp was not hot when I checked it after the speakers went out, just warm.

Need more info? Not a problem, I can take photos if that's nessesary.

Is the protect light illuminated the amp? Is it even getting power? ie...did you blow your fuse? I'd take it back and watch them if you don't trust them..

Why go to that shop if you don't trust them anyways?

Check amp for power with dmm. Does a protection light come on? Do you have a different source to check input with?

I dont have anything againgst that particular shop - I just dont know if they'll be honest or not.

Went back and checked - nothing in the trunk has power. Is that good or bad? I'm guessing good I think.

I have a speaker amp, subwoofer amp and this thing that I dont know the english word for - it has flashing numbers and uses the power from the battery better, or something.. lol

That's it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No, it's mounted on the top of the subwoofer amp - does that matter?

"Checking the fuses" sounds a little bit more complicated to me than it does to you guys, haha!

You SHOULD have a fuse holder with a fuse somewhere near your front battery that is connected to your main power wire going to the amp. Pull it and see if it popped. Not that hard. Sounds like what happened.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.