Which 5 channel amp would be the best?

10+ year member

N/A
Currently I'm running a Planet Audio RX 5.600 to power my system. I'm somewhat stuck on the quality of it, especially because I can't find a decent review for it. I'm looking at replacing it with another 5 channel amp. I can sell the P.A I currently have for $125ish, so I can deduct that price off another one of these amps. There's not too many reviews on these as well, so that's why I'm asking y'alls opinion. Yes I've made the search button my best friend for a while now, but posting this shouldn't hurt too much (at least I hope.) I need to do bewteen 55-65x4 and 250x1 at 4 ohms.

MB Quart ONX4.80/500

JBL GTO5355

Boston Acoustics GTA-1005

Image Dynamics i5800

If there's little to no improvement to be found after switching out amps, then I'll just stay with my P.A. I just feel like I'm missing out, while my speakers and subwoofer aren't top of the line, they're far from crap. Any advice would be helpful.

I wish I could afford that amp right now. I've heard nothing but GREAT stuff about that Audison. I'm just looking to spend several hundred, if any at all.

the image dynamics would be the best quality, but ive read good things about boston GT amps.

best i can tell, the only amp that is active capable is the MB quart, so thats the one i would get. though its quality might not be much better than plant audio, i would say slightly better at least. the boston should be good quality, the jbl should be a solid choice and is cheapest from what i see. probably would go with the jbl after the mb quart

if you are down for sending it in for repair, suicide bob has a nice o/s phoenix gold that has an inop sub section, but eveything else works fine. could be under $50 to repair and have a real nice amp.

I have a nice old school "big belle", the one with the logo in the corner that I would sell for the right price. And from your screen name I take it that your located in Houston. PM me if your interested.

From what you have listed ID all day. I was going to run a pair of them 1 for left 1 for right bit decided I wanted more bedroom so see Sig for what I did instead

However, I would look into the refurbished Boston amp listed a few posts above. that's a steal!

You're not gonna gain sound quality from switching. You will gain build quality, reliability, and potentially power depending on what you buy. Possibly better SNR. But the THD is already low enough - you won't notice it even if you switched to an amp with absolutely no THD.

Thanks for all the suggestions! What I actually did was adjust the phase setting on my amp, it made a pretty big difference as to how the bass blended in. From what I've read, Planet Audio amps aren't too bad, well at least some of the older ones.

I don't have an expensive enough setup to really consider upgrading yet. I'd absolutely love to have my hands on a Memphis Belle or Rockford Power 1000 someday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.