My Brahma got here

Hawaiian
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
Well my new Brahma 15" arrived and thankfully UPS didnt drop mine like they did nswartley's 15" he just got for his friend. I had to go up to the shipping office instead of our mail room which is quite a walk from where I am. Thankfully i got a girl to give me a ride back to the dorm, with a 49 lb package sitting in the backseat. If/when I get a digi cam or can use a friend's i will post some pics.

Now i just gotta figure out what kind of box for this monster will fit in a Mustang trunk and where to run the 0 awg without people being like "What the **** is this huge cable doing here?"

lol yep youre lucky. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i think they sent a new one off my way today.....UPS came and picked up the damaged one this morning......bah.

Originally posted by Hawaiian Well my new Brahma 15" arrived and thankfully UPS didnt drop mine like they did nswartley's 15" he just got for his friend. I had to go up to the shipping office instead of our mail room which is quite a walk from where I am. Thankfully i got a girl to give me a ride back to the dorm, with a 49 lb package sitting in the backseat. If/when I get a digi cam or can use a friend's i will post some pics.

Now i just gotta figure out what kind of box for this monster will fit in a Mustang trunk and where to run the 0 awg without people being like "What the **** is this huge cable doing here?"

ill build that box for ya if u want me too

2000 mustang.

YEah i am looking for somebody to build the box. How much experience do you have building boxes? You might be my best option. let me know and i will get back to you

nope, came with the basic system which i ammost of the way through upgrading it. what measurements do you have for your trunk (just to verify)

Originally posted by Hawaiian 2000 mustang.

YEah i am looking for somebody to build the box. How much experience do you have building boxes? You might be my best option. let me know and i will get back to you

ive built several, i hadnt ever tryed carpeting so i dont know how good ill be at that, but whats ur email, ill send u a pic of one of the boxes i did

dude, im getting 2 15's in my 2002 ford mustang (elemental design K with a nine.1 amp). you had better hope you alternator can handle 2000w. im almost thinking of getting mine rewond with like 1500w. but im replacing my rear seats so its gonna get hellishly loud. i dont know how you are gonna run 0awg, but my 4awg went fine (cept for about 4 inches kinda stick out, cause i couldnt get a stupid panel off). im gonna go to 2awg when i get my nine.1 and the 2 15's.

are you installing this whole thing by yourelf, and if so then i have a question for you. i think our models are the same and i need to know how to take the panel off that is under the seatbelt strap holder thing on the high side of the car. does it pull forward toward the front, or straight out perpendicular to the front of the car?

Originally posted by snitchelgroovin dude, im getting 2 15's in my 2002 ford mustang (elemental design K with a nine.1 amp). you had better hope you alternator can handle 2000w. im almost thinking of getting mine rewond with like 1500w. but im replacing my rear seats so its gonna get hellishly loud. i dont know how you are gonna run 0awg, but my 4awg went fine (cept for about 4 inches kinda stick out, cause i couldnt get a stupid panel off). im gonna go to 2awg when i get my nine.1 and the 2 15's.

are you installing this whole thing by yourelf, and if so then i have a question for you. i think our models are the same and i need to know how to take the panel off that is under the seatbelt strap holder thing on the high side of the car. does it pull forward toward the front, or straight out perpendicular to the front of the car?
ummm....ur alternator output is measured in amps...but look at the MAX amperage draw of all amp(s) and then add 30-40 amps at most and then u'll definetly be set. peace

NG

Yeah i have installed everything except my hu myself. I got a friend who worked for a big car audio place who is gonna help me with the sub stuff.

If you are talking about the panel into which the bolts for the seatbelts go, I took those panels out when i was replacing my back speakers. I need to check, but just from memory all i can remember needing to use a tool on for those was the seatbelt (Torx bit), then there is a pressure bolt (those plastic pieces of junk i hate soo badly) above and below the hole for the seatbelt bolt. I think I pried that panel out sorta from the back, but the pressure bolt should be able to slide out if you pull the panel down... but i couldnt see to get that to work. Anyway, as far as I remember you shouldn't break anything if you apply some pressure. Those plastic things just like to hold.

Good luck, if you still have trouble, let me know and I will go pull out my panel again and look.

Peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.