My amp stopped

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
So I was headed home today bumping my music like normal and all of sudden I hear the bass cut in half. Im running a SAZ-2000 just for reference but heres the thing. Bass cut in half and when I would turn the volume up louder the subs would just get quieter. At first it sounded like they were canceling out but then later on it just sounded like a low output. Pulled over for a second to check things out, amp didnt go into protect mode or anything and everything was still connected properly so I went to mess around with the RCAs. Pulled them out and plugged it back in and now all I started hearing was gargling bass sound over the music. Re did the connection again and it went out but now Im hearing this swirling sound which sound like it coming from the amp and not the woofers and it sounded like a low tone ambulance sound. Switched off the radio and switched it back on and subs are now completely out. No sound what so ever....Did my amp just crap out????

Assuming you have tried all the normal troubleshooting stuff? I know for me I would try running a RCA to a 3.5mm into the amps input to see if you get anything? Then you could at least know if it's your RCA's.

Also might want to consider testing with a multimeter. Check the read to the subs and see what you get. Just few ideas best of luck to you.

So today got back in the car this morning and subs started working again but when I go over bumps it would cut down again and go back and forth between normal volume and cut volume...I really think it has something to do with RCAs but im not sure if its the amp or not.

you have some trouble shooting to do..just have to start somewhere,and begin ruling things out,to find the culprit.Took me just over a week to find my issue once..Ended up being a bad wiring connection on a speaker..Simple fix in my case, but frustrating as hell to go through the process of elimination.A friend of mine on this forum found that it was his HU,after all said and done.

hmmm...im hoping its not the HU, just swapped out amps with my older mb quart and still the same issue. I hooked up my subs to the speaker amp for a minute and got power which was good. I then tried swapping the RCAs with no luck but thats probably because i have the lows cut out at the HU.... So its either my headunit or the RCA cables I got running. How often do rca cables go bad though??? The ones i got are pretty tough and thick, can hardly bend it. Headunit is pretty good to as its a alpine......

this dosent sound like a amp issue, sounds like the sub out on your deck might have took a poop. swap decks to test. i have had this issue about 3 times, and it was output on hu everytime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.