my 12" brahma not making me happy

Participant count
  • Participant list

member02
10+ year member

va beach
my 12" brahma dos not satisfy me in my explorer, but then again, I believe it is a crappy box, is it true that some boxs sound like **** at 1100 watts?

lol, it's thumping as if there is too much air in the box(1.8 cu^3) sealed. possible? only at high volumes though, and I DONt think it is the amp clipping, i can tell.

imma go buy a new box tomorrow from a shop, should I get ported? i want ported, i want loud. I can't figure out what kinda ported box to get for my brahma.

help me or I die!

lol, the guy I bought the sub from, is willing to pay me for it back, haha!

NO! i want it! i haven't told him yet, but he's willing to pay me my money back and pay shipping, but me? i love the brahma, I can't get it to tire on ym 1100D amp, but it's just not loud enough in a sealed box bigger than Adireaudio.com says it can handle.

lol

thanks!

oh? so i have 2 buyers? hehe...

well, i won't sell it, I'm hopijng you people could tell me how to make it hit at least 140 in my explorer, I'd prefer sealed, but ported is an option.

will my Directed 1100D amp do the trick at 1100rms, 1400 max (although the benchmark test shows 1300 rms) or do i need more power?

help?

thanks.

You asked if you need more power, he was just letting you know that that wasn't the problem, it's your setup. Go ported. And always remember, it's only 1 sub. Don't expect it to perform miracles in an amateur setup.

I saw a 1 12" memphis sub in 1^3 sealed enclosure with a some sorta memphis amp under 1200 watts because of the class he was in, he hit 149dB

how in the hell? i think my brahma can beat it, but how? he had NO dynamating, it was AS2 class in MECA comp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.