Music taste

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Anyone else change it up as a system evolves?

I know when I had the groin pounder it was mostly playing decaf type stuff with the occasional rock.

Now it's always on some kind of rock from classic, soft, modern, country. It will still play decaf type stuff but the recording value is **** and it's easily notices as being ****.

Anyone else change it up as a system evolves? I know when I had the groin pounder it was mostly playing decaf type stuff with the occasional rock.

Now it's always on some kind of rock from classic, soft, modern, country. It will still play decaf type stuff but the recording value is **** and it's easily notices as being ****.
Yes! I started seeking out music with different types of instruments just to see how each will sound. I also hated how the piano sounded in particular with my old infinity ref set - it was just awful. I've been into a lot of vocal trance lately - very nice vocals as well as that nice chest pounding beat. I think guitar sounds especially nice with good setups, as I'm sure you've noticed - hear every snap of the string.

It was borrowing my son's iPod for a trip recently that made me want to buy some different, more pop radio style of songs. My regular rotation is very heavy on aggressive music with guitars, drums, and a lot of harsh vocals. Changing out different equipment and getting my systems sounding better never really has made me want to branch out much. I've had reference quality music for years. It's just the occasional bass-heavy song when I'm in the mood, but I still haven't heard any decaf.

It was borrowing my son's iPod for a trip recently that made me want to buy some different, more pop radio style of songs. My regular rotation is very heavy on aggressive music with guitars, drums, and a lot of harsh vocals. Changing out different equipment and getting my systems sounding better never really has made me want to branch out much. I've had reference quality music for years. It's just the occasional bass-heavy song when I'm in the mood, but I still haven't heard any decaf.
Trumpet, I wanna know how decaf sounds on your setup!!! lol

Btw, any places to buy CDs for less? Older stuff is fine.

Trumpet, I wanna know how decaf sounds on your setup!!! lol
Btw, any places to buy CDs for less? Older stuff is fine.
take a trip to your local thrift store / salvation army / and some pawn shops - they have cds for stupid cheap and its always a hunt to see what you can find. me personaly i check for cds and tapes as i have a boom box collection as well even found a rtr tape once for .50$ my most prized tape to date

Yes! I started seeking out music with different types of instruments just to see how each will sound. I also hated how the piano sounded in particular with my old infinity ref set - it was just awful. I've been into a lot of vocal trance lately - very nice vocals as well as that nice chest pounding beat. I think guitar sounds especially nice with good setups, as I'm sure you've noticed - hear every snap of the string.
Santana. You can hear him miss strings.

I've been messing around with some of the 7.1 test stuff. That's pretty cool with the 3D imaging.

Since I have added a comp set, I find myself looking for something not so bass heavy, but with a more balanced output. But if you were to peruse my cds, you would anyhing from bb king to the oakridge boys, even pink, and nora jones. I have a version of ain't no sunshine when she's gone, by aaron nevelle, one the best songs I have ever heard. As I get older, I find myself mellowing, not so much angy music anymore.

Anyone else change it up as a system evolves? I know when I had the groin pounder it was mostly playing decaf type stuff with the occasional rock.

Groin pounder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

Opposite for me. I started with normal music and have now gone to slowed/decaf stuff because I have a louder system with more low end frequency response

Yeah I went from listening to good music to listening to ghetto rap :
1. Psyph is great

2. I only kind of like one song by Linkin park.

Groin pounder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif
Opposite for me. I started with normal music and have now gone to slowed/decaf stuff because I have a louder system with more low end frequency response

1. Psyph is great

2. I only kind of like one song by Linkin park.
Can't believe it took this long for someone to catch that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.