Music Player for Audison DSP/AMP

lewis1962

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 17, 2020
Sunderland
Hi, newbie here.
I want to connect a music player directly to my dsp/amp which has an optical input.
What would be the best device to buy and the best way to connect it ?
I was thinking of a DAP.
Appreciate your input

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yes a DAP would be a great option. Take a look at the new DX220 that just came out

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
could i use a dx160, what cable would I need, thanks ?
The dx160 doesn’t have an optical out. It only has analog line out, which can cause interference when using the device or wifi. You would need a very expensive cable to minimize that noise. If you get a DAP that has optical out, you don’t have to worry about that noise as it is eliminated completely as it is mostly reliant on your DAC chip. You could use a relatively cheap optical cable and it’ll be fine, just don’t buy a super long cable and don’t bend or crease the cable as it will compromise the signal.

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
it looks like it has a coaxial out, would a convertor cause similar interference, thank you
Yes adding a convertor would cause more interference and still would require good cables. Not many devices these days use coaxial anymore. It’s fine to use them but I wouldn’t get a converter box. That would just make things worse. If your dsp/amp has optical inputs then that would be the way to go. Do you have any way of running USB music through your phone or something? That would just make things easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds