Music new rap /older rap

Old skool rap like spm, ghetto boyz, lil flip, old trae, slim thug, etc..

There old songs used bass line from 32hz to 40hz..

Newer music use bass lines from 40-55hz because they target the mid lines not sub lines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

i just got a sundown e10 sub in a ported box tuned to about 32 hz. 500 watts rms. It sounds real good when i put songs like young jeezy air force / rap from 2003-2008. But the newer rap dosent not sound as loud. What are you guys tunning your boxes to make newer rap sound good
metal baby

A notes a note. Doesn’t matter what year it’s from. A 15 year old 35hz wave believe or not is still a 35hz wave after all these years. I had to comment, Been around a while reading and this is a first. Op I personally do not think playing with your amp is going to help. What’s happening most likely is your going from stuff playing upper 20s and low to mid 30s to bass that’s in its 30s and 40s with a lot of newer stuff. Download some decaf and let us know if it sounds good. Or you could always just play a test track off YouTube for a quick test and that will tell you exactly what you can and can’t play cleanly.

This, or that the music has been rippped into mp3 format with db gain adjustment, or was simply recorded at a higher level.

Only way to be sure is Audicity comparison to ensure Ops older music (much preffered) is not clipped harder than the newer music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.